Evel

gundogC3

when i was real young i would go from wanting to be A.J. Foyt to wanting to be Evel.

true showman , self promoter , and no B.S. kinda guy. a big part of my childhood has past away.

The whole world(that had tv)sat around the tube when he made his jumps.They would move scheduled programs around just to fit his act in.When I was a kid,it was,Evil Knevil,John Wayne,Elvis Pressly,Johnny Cash,.....the list goes on....don't forget KISS.When those people wanted tv or news time they got it,no questions asked.Now it's Oprah,Rosie O,and Micheal(I have more money invested in oil than Bush)Moore...omg what's happening to us. :lol:

R.I.P. Evel

He set the bar for everyone.

When he made that jump at Ceaser's and then crashed, we were all awe struck.

Today a kid jumps that same fountain and does a back flip and it's no big deal.

Many imitators.

Only one Evel Knevil.

Would of been something to see what Evil could do today if he was a young man and with the technology of bikes today instead of a heavy A$$ Harley.He would of set the standard in the current day EXTREME FREESTYLE with his nerve. R.I.P EVEL

Gundog, if you want to know just how big a set he had, consider this: Asked what the worst feeling in the world was, Evel told the interviewer, "It's hitting the ramp at 96 miles an hour, knowing you have to be doing 99 miles per hour to make it."

And he'd come back and try it again...

RIP...

Jim Rome replays his interview every now and then. Rack him.

one of the guys that works for me,tattooed all over ,neck , hands ,etc. looks like the biker of the apocalypse,the most unemotional person i have ever met got a call while we were working. he hung up the phone and turned to me crying saying evel kneivel died. now thats an impact. r.i.p. evel

Archived