does anyone know?

cperry115

The person that might know something is probably Roxie. I seriously doubt that Nell visits any of these forums, so the person to ask would be Roxie and she has said herself that she doesn't read these forums. My suggestion for any of you wanting to know is to PM Cassy14 and I am certain that if she is able to get answers for any of you, she will do so.

What do we know about I-37?

Last year it had two business names and 4 promoters.

The last promoter was the owner, who said she did not want to be doing it at all.

The track is for sale.

Rick Day has recently gone to work for Terry Dickerson (from what I read on here)

Rick Day is trying to contact the track owners.

Feel free to add what you know.....

Bashing is not permitted on Texas Speed Zone.

And it doesn't matter if the bash is true or not.

For example, you may believe someone is a real jerk. Maybe everyone else thinks that person is a jerk too. Maybe I even think that person is a jerk. But we are not permitted to get on here get on TXSZ and call that person a jerk (or post any other bash) even if it's true.

Nick

ON EDIT: I have removed the bashes from this thread

Guest Top Dog Graphix

Alot of us may not have appreciated TD, and Rick Day, until the J&S [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/3/07] came around, I know I was never one to be a fan of TD, but I sure hope him and Rick can pull something off, and save the track, that is just what the place needs.... JMO

yeah i dont know where the confusion is here either. Its competely practical for all us drivers out there to have some idea of the plans for next season, even if the plans arent good, just let us know. Especially since that is by far the closest dirt track in san antonio. I dont think its too much to ask for us to be informed of their plans to race or not race next season

Thats fine for mod classes. The 2008 rules have been out for weeks now, thats nothing new. Hell, we dont even know if I 37 is going to open much less be IMCA Sanction. Besides, the rules we are talking about are the full bodied classes, you know the ones that dont match any other tracks. [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/3/07]

TD might not have been a fan for a few drivers, but see where all that bitching and complaining got them? (broken series, track shut down). If more people would have encouraged the man there might have been a better end to the story. In my eye's Terry did what he said and paid what he promised. Now if he or someone else is trying to take over the track give him a minute and let it pan out before yall start giving them a hard time. If you work with the track it will be a better place for drivers, staff, and owners. One thing I might suggest is try and keep out of the line of fire so to speak. My father was a track promoter for many years in the North East and the last thing you want as a promoter/owner is have the fans not like you (not saying they didn't,just saying) Let the racers be the entertainment.

WELL THAT LITTLE BIRD NEEDS TO LET THE WORM OUT SO US SPARROWS CAN KNOW ALSO WHO CARES IF ITS BEEN REGURGITATED JUST TELL -DONT KNOW IF THATS HOW U SPELL IT BUT I GAVE IT A TRY SEE YA ;)

I HAVE WITH HELD NAMES TO KEEP FROM HAVING THE NICK-OLICE CALLED ON ME. WHAT I HEARD WAS TOLD TO ME BY 2 DIFFENT PEOPLE. I DON'T KNOW.

I HAVE WITH HELD NAMES TO KEEP FROM HAVING THE NICK-OLICE CALLED ON ME. WHAT I HEARD WAS TOLD TO ME BY 2 DIFFENT PEOPLE. I DON'T KNOW.

Charlie - I believe the correct name is "Nick-the-prick-olice."

Nick

Archived