advice

postell69

just thought i would ask about quick steer for asphalt or quick steer for dirt and what about power steering dirt and asphalt what is best combo for both dirt and asphalt

On asphalt quick steering tends to make the car "twitchy." Little driver inputs produce large steering outputs with quick steering.

On dirt, except on dry slick tracks, the steering can be quicker because the driver will be making large steering corrections quickly when you go from loose in the turns to "bite" down the straights and when throwing the car into the turns. If the steering is too slow the car can get "ahead" of the driver who spends all his time sawing on the steering wheel.

We often see dirt mods (with quick steering) making the change to asphalt with steering that is too quick, resulting in "twitchy" corner exits.

Nick

My first car on dirt didn't have quick steer, but when I got my second car it did and it makes a world of difference. I will not race a dirt car with out quick steer there is just to much steering involved. like nick said if ou run it on asphalt you have to keep in mind that you have it because you can easily over correct. but if you are going to run quick steer power steering is a must. I have seen guys that lift 300 lbs not be able to drive a quick steer car that loses its power steering. most everyone I have seen that doesn't have power steering with or without quick steer usually has to use a 17" steering wheel to make it easier to turn. :D

when i first started on dirt i had power steering then i got a car that didint, seemed ok but then i put power steering on and noticed i didnt loop the car as much so quick steer is only good if you have power steering and is good for dirt and power steering only for asphalt is this right the reason i am asking so many questions is im moving up into super street class but the car i have is for asphalt so im trying to figure out if im going to dirt or asphalt i like both but dont think i will be very comp in hobbie class but owen has been doing a good job well thank you all for the advice

when i first started on dirt i had power steering then i got a car that didint, seemed ok but then i put power steering on and noticed i didnt loop the car as much so quick steer is only good if you have power steering and is good for dirt and power steering only for asphalt is this right the reason i am asking so many questions is im moving up into super street class but the car i have is for asphalt so im trying to figure out if im going to dirt or asphalt i like both but dont think i will be very comp in hobbie class but owen has been doing a good job well thank you all for the advice

... CHEEZ .ITS THE ... WHICH WAY DO I GO ... WHICH WAY DO I GO THINGY ....LOOK JUMP OFF YOUR ROOF .. YOU LAND ON YOUR HEAD .YOU RACE DIRT ..YOU LAND ON YOUR TAIL ..YOU RACE ASPHAULT ... YOU LAND ON BOTH YOU FELL .. TRY IT AGAIN .. PAINFULL OUT COME IM SURE BUT ALL OF US WILL BE HAPPY ...GOOD LUCK ....

CHEEZ .ITS THE ... WHICH WAY DO I GO ... WHICH WAY DO I GO THINGY ....LOOK JUMP OFF YOUR ROOF .. YOU LAND ON YOUR HEAD .YOU RACE DIRT ..YOU LAND ON YOUR TAIL ..YOU RACE ASPHAULT ... YOU LAND ON BOTH YOU FELL .. TRY IT AGAIN .. PAINFULL OUT COME IM SURE BUT ALL OF US WILL BE HAPPY ...GOOD LUCK ....

i knew i could count on your sound advice but i think it would be easier if i threw you off my roof and see whoch way you land be less painful for me and prob make even more happier l0ol

Nick, did you think it wasn't going to happen? Ralph the quick steer works fine on the asphalt. You will get used to it , I will never run without one dirt or asphalt. I just think the 1.5 is better on asphalt than the 2 to 1.

thank you i will try both first just power steering and the the combo on the asphalt if it works on asphalt then should be ok on dirt thank you again

Archived