NA$CAR = NAPTIME

NickHolt

Have to disagree with some of the above statements! First, with the watering down of the bodies, I have just decided to follow drivers. My brand loyalty died when I bought a Ford racecar and a Dodge truck. Anyways, I don't care for the open wheel guys coming in and I don't think they will have the success of Montoya. As for color, what about Steward, Harvick and Montoya, Biffle, Newman, Robby Gordon. Anyways, pretty boy, Jeff Gordon even showed some life when he couldn't move Jimmy. Drivers still have to drive cars to win. What sucks in most folks eyes is that you have to have a Hendrick car to win. What about when Holman Moody, Wood Brothers, Junior Johnson's cars dominated. Currently, there are ten cars on any weekend that could win, that was not the case back in the 80s and before.

As for the COT, I don't like it but the driver with the skills should rise to the top. Personally, I don't like them because it takes the engineering out of the equation but I think with more time, the car will get better as the engineers figure it out in relation to the tracks.

If you want to bitch about something, how about all of the 1.5 mile tracks? That is what I am tired of and that is what's making many of the races boring!!

fire away!!!

Nascar = arid, bromidic, bummer, characterless, cloying, colorless, commonplace, dead, drab, drag, drudging, dull, flat, ho hum, humdrum, insipid, interminable, irksome, lifeless, monotonous, moth-eaten, platitudinous, plebeian, prosaic, repetitious, routine, spiritless, stale, stereotyped, stodgy, stuffy, stupid, tame, tedious, threadbare, tiresome, tiring, trite, unexciting, unvaried, vapid, wearisome, well-worn, zero

DAYYYYYYYYUM Jody!!! How many of those words do you actually know the meaning of? :lol::lol::P:P;);) Ok, I'll grant you stupid, flat and dead...........LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO You forgot banal, inane, moronic and probably a few others I'll think of later.

They all mean Nascar Reb. Monotonous is by favorite. It takes a long time to sound it out though :rolleyes: .

Turbo D,

It was a Thesaurus. B)

The battle between the open wheel guys and stock car guys will be interesting.What will be very decieving to everyone though,is who is who.Who are the asphalt stock car guys anymore?

Stock car born:

1)Matt Kenseth

2)Dale Earnhardt Jr.

3)Martin Truex Jr.

4)Kevin Harvick

5)Kurt Busch

6)Kyle Busch

7)Denny Hamlin

8)Bobby Labonte

9)Paul Menard

10)Elliot Sadler

11)Scott Riggs

12)Brian Vickers

13)Greg Biffle

14)Jamie McMurry

15)Jeff Burton

16)David Stremme

17)Reed Sorenson

18)David Ragan

19)David Gilliland

20)Joe Nemechek

21)Jeremy Mayfield

22)David Reutimann

Right at half the field.Did I miss anyone?Think it through if I left out your favorite.Look up their background in racing.You might be surprised.The open wheeled invasion started in the early 90's,and that's why the car owners don't understand the recent fan uprising towards their new driver choices.

If you want to bitch about something, how about all of the 1.5 mile tracks? That is what I am tired of and that is what's making many of the races boring!!

fire away!!!

You got that straight. When I did watch, too many races were decided by fuel milage and quick pit stops. Driving should be deciding races, not the fact that your crew can change four tires and filler' up with gas in 13.2 ticks.

Do you realise why,all of a sudden,more and more racers are using the high line around the track?Have you noticed how few tire problems they have had as compared to previous years?Goodyear has been providing harder and harder compound tires for safety reasons.It is natural that a car on the high side gets an advantage because of momentum,but if the tires were alot softer and the guys could hook up on the yellow line again,the high groove would disappear.Go back to big fuel cells with soft tires.Let them run fast again and see who the bravest drivers are.

I agree that the death of Dale Earnhardt took much away from NASCAR.. It even took me a couple races after that to even watch one again.. My interest in NASCAR Cup racing has never got back up to the level it was when the black number 3 was in the field.

I do not like the top 35 in points being guaranteed a starting spot in every race and believe it should always be the 43 fastest cars each race with only one provisional position for a past champion. I believe most fans put as much importance on the time trials as they do the race but the guarantee takes that excitement away unless of course you are pulling for a driver that has to qualify into the field.

Another rule that NASCAR has put into effect that I do not like is the free pass rule that allows the first driver one lap down to get back on the lead lap when the yellow is displayed. I know the rule was put into effect for safety reasons but I never felt it was fair to any driver that managed to remain on the lead lap for the entire race yet finishes behind someone that had received the free pass during the race. Face it, no matter how you count it, the free pass driver ran one lap less in this case. If you go a lap down then you should have to race to get it back.

I also sense a bit of the failures with the Indy car series starting to show up in the NASCAR Cup series and maybe they should study why the Indy cars went downhill in popularity before they slide into the same dilemma.

JMO :)

sorry guys, can't agree with you on the Dale Sr. idea. If he were alive, he would be one of the big players in the current NASACR soap opera. He'd still be running over other guys and it would just add to all the made for TV fun that we see and that's ok, looking at it that way I wish he were here to add that little more to it.

I'm really fed up with all these clowns coming in from IRL ot F1, come these boneheads to Foyt, Andretti (Mario!) and maybe Dan Gurney... these guys were racers, they would jump right in and win, Franchitti, Hornish, Carpenter (Carpen-ti-er) man that's lame, send em back!

I love racing, I watch these guys, but this stuff is boring, it's all driven by $ & TV, it will continue to be; I don't care if Kelly Clarkson, Matthew Mahogoney & Denzel Washington like to go to the races, hell I'd go too if I were an actor and I got to meet the drivers, wave the green, and promote my movie or album; make that CD, I'm gettin' too damn old!!!!!! :blink::blink:

Do you realise why,all of a sudden,more and more racers are using the high line around the track?Have you noticed how few tire problems they have had as compared to previous years?Goodyear has been providing harder and harder compound tires for safety reasons.It is natural that a car on the high side gets an advantage because of momentum,but if the tires were alot softer and the guys could hook up on the yellow line again,the high groove would disappear.Go back to big fuel cells with soft tires.Let them run fast again and see who the bravest drivers are.

dont forget .give them the reall cars ..let have some more free

hand..and let the best driver and team win ..

Sorry Nick for my delay, i have been enjoying the view from a different window in my life.. aka family & the holidays..

NASCAR isn't falling, they are just feeling the pinch like everyone else in this economy.. only issue is They have more fat around them so its not going to hurt as bad.

Lessons i see at this moment from NASCAR:

1) Get hooked into the economy surrounding the track. Take care of the cummunity, make allies, and friends. You will need them in the future to help you, to speak of the postitive impacts the track can have. If you have someone that has a gripe for example the noise issue, its easier to say we can deal with that becuase look what else they do.. (Give back)

2) The bigger you get, the more people are going to try and knock you down, or sway you to their sides. When you show your weak this is when they will pounce. Keeping quiet isnt' always the best defense, Proactive engagement will help you more than defensive posture. (they tell running backing in football be the one that makes the hit, not takes it)

3) Your not going to do it alone, your going to have to have more help than you think. Your going to drop more balls than you can catch if you try to do it alone. Put good people in positions, not by who you know but what they do, and how they do busniess. (Right person for the job)

4) Keeping up with the times are important, but drastic changes can be your worse enemy.

5) Don't pretend to be someone, or something your not. Act professional, do the right thing, and don't fake it. People can tell the fake stuff from the real stuff. Faking only hurts the people that know the real deal.. and once you drive them away, you really put yourself out there on the risk level.

Another problem with these open-wheel crossovers is that they're shutting doors that a couple of years ago were open for younger guys like Joey Logano and Brad Coleman that have been racing stock cars, and been on the stock car path for basically their whole lives. Kids deserving of these good rides are getting pushed aside by these open-wheel stars.

Don't kid yourself, Pipsqueek. Rides go to money. If those kids have the backing, they'll get in. If not, they won't. Sad, but true. The cars are so high tech these days that setup matters more than driving talent. They want young, good looking, well spoken kids who can bring money with them.

In other words, the NASCAR model isn't even Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson, let alone Tony Stewart.

No, the modern model (in more ways than one) is Kasey Kahne.

The more NA$CAR goes to "non-asphalt" stock car racers,the less little Johnny at your local asphalt track can say....hey I want to grow up and be just like Richard Petty.With fewer and fewer little Johnnys at the local tracks,the more the local tracks suffer,and fail.(right Aaron?)Without the local asphalt tracks,NA$CAR will lose it's "REAL" fan base.As time goes by it will show up in the stands and on the ratings.Right now NA$CAR seems to care less about the short tracks...Saturday night events...and not promoting from within their ranks.If they don't do something quick,to save the local tracks from their current demise,they too will be doomed.

I sure hope,as a life long stock car fan,that I am wrong.

by the way, anyone watching the re-broadcast of the final 4 races of the Chase today on ESPN Classic?
nope push that little button down .. didnt watch them dureing the season .so i wonder what make.s them think i want to watch them in the off season ..the out come was the same ..

My personal opinion is NASCAR reached its peak and is now going through a down cycle, look at how popular basketball was when Michael J. played compared to now. It is no different than any other business cycle, people get tired of the product and move on.

I personally think that one of NASCAR’s problems is it is no longer a man’s sport, now it is all about the kids. It seems every older driver has a kid who now races or is going to race. NASCAR is the only sport that if your father was a race car driver or owner you have the choice to be a professional driver. Show me one other sport that the kids get to follow in their fathers footsteps without having to compete with others on a level playing field.

Also, I just don’t think a 13 year should be racing in ASA, to me it just promotes fathers with way to much money to spend on their kids. I miss the days when drivers actually worked on their cars or at least the driver had to answer to his crew if he made a stupid mistake. Today it seems as though let’s wreck half the field, Ill just pay someone to fix it and I don’t care about the other guy who can’t afford to be spending money to fix his car every week.

It’s not say these kids can’t drive, they’re fast, I know. IMO, they never learn to race, which become apparent when they have a car that’s a little off and they drive way over their head, causing wreck after wreck.

As far as people complain about the open wheel guys coming into NASCAR, at least they’ve race at a professional level, paid there dues (I guess), what dues has an 18 year old paid that they deserve a ride?

Last time I checked, the majority of NASCAR’s fan base wasn’t the 25 and under crowd. So why does NASCAR seem to think that is what people want to see, teenagers racing?

The more NA$CAR goes to "non-asphalt" stock car racers,the less little Johnny at your local asphalt track can say....hey I want to grow up and be just like Richard Petty.With fewer and fewer little Johnnys at the local tracks,the more the local tracks suffer,and fail.

i never had any pipe dreams of being a nascar driver.......growing up i wanted to be A.J. (tha man) FOYT. always wanted to run open wheel.

maybe stockers can shift over to their series and make it what it use to be,,,,the original and 1st all american racing series. bring some of the glory back,,,and let them have the leftovers that is na$car.

Archived