tsrs rules

Ford27

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just converted a 2x3 r&p car to a 2x4 stock steering clip. You'd think Jack would have said something when we talked to him about this clip if they were already considering changing the rules, but who knows. I haven't heard anything along those lines, but I haven't talked to anyone within TSRS since the season ended.

I don't see why those things are illegal in the first place!

Just a guess, but it's probably due to the fact that the series was originally comprised of THR "limited" late models and SAS Super Street Stocks, all of which had stock front clips and stock type steering at the time. The cars in the series have evolved a great deal since that time, but the push to keep the stock geometry clips and stock type steering may reflect the wishes of the series management to keep the cars from evolving into super late model type cars.

Just a guess, but it's probably due to the fact that the series was originally comprised of THR "limited" late models and SAS Super Street Stocks, all of which had stock front clips and stock type steering at the time. The cars in the series have evolved a great deal since that time, but the push to keep the stock geometry clips and stock type steering may reflect the wishes of the series management to keep the cars from evolving into super late model type cars.

Those stock clips are getting old and harder to find,sooner or later(just like the old X and F chassis)there will be no more!!!Then what????

My question is why not put a rule on the shocks. Thats where a lot of people nowadays are finding the speed.

Either make a rule or make it where someone can claim the shocks, but at this point its kind of too late.

Shocks ARE where its at.No matter what the rule on shocks,racers always figure out a way to spend money in that department!!! :lol:

I could have swore that camaro front frames were avalible from the aftermarket?

Whats the cost?LM front clips are not that much more when compared.

Those stock clips are getting old and harder to find,sooner or later(just like the old X and F chassis)there will be no more!!!Then what????

Port City, Lefthander, I think Howe, and maybe others are all offering 2x4 clips with stock type mounting points and stock type steering. I guess that's where the class is headed, because you are correct, the stock clips are becoming harder and harder to find.

My question is why not put a rule on the shocks. Thats where a lot of people nowadays are finding the speed.

Either make a rule or make it where someone can claim the shocks, but at this point its kind of too late.

yep

It's crazy the amount of money being spent on shocks in this series, especially when you look at some of the other "cost saving" measures or rules in place.

Sorry to hijack Ford27's original question, but is it really too late to fix the shock rule?

It's crazy the amount of money being spent on shocks in this series, especially when you look at some of the other "cost saving" measures or rules in place.

Sorry to hijack Ford27's original question, but is it really too late to fix the shock rule?

Shocks are tough to police.

We just converted a 2x3 r&p car to a 2x4 stock steering clip. You'd think Jack would have said something when we talked to him about this clip if they were already considering changing the rules, but who knows. I haven't heard anything along those lines, but I haven't talked to anyone within TSRS since the season ended.

Well I imagine he probly would have, so like most it's probaly a rumor....what's it cost to change over....nevermind I know I wont do it :D

[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/23/07] LEAVE IT ALONE, IF YOU LET THE 2X3 CLIPS IN AND THE RACK CARS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE 50 TSRS CARS WHO FEEL LIKE THEY HAVE TO UP DATE THIER STUFF, AND IF YOU THINK A RULE CHANGE TO LET A FEW LM CARS IN IS WORTH IT THEN WHY DON,T YOU ASK ABOUT THE 25 CARS THAT RUN 10TH ON BACK IF THEY NEED ALITTLE HELP, THIS CLASS WHICH I THINK IS NOW ABOUT THE BEST LATE MODEL CLASS SERIES GOING AND STARTING TO DRAW TWENTY PLUS FIELDS CONSISTENTLY WAS FOUNDED ON STOCK CAMARO STUBS , WHO WOULD WANT TO CHANGE IT NOW. LET THE PEOPLE THAT DON,T HAVE A TSRS LEGAL CAR DO LIKE I HAD TO DO AND EVERYBODY ELSE BUILD ONE, BUY ONE OR BORROW ONE, I LOVE THIS SERIES AND ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH IT, BUT EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE A RULE TO LET 2 OR 3 GUYS IN YOU PUT THAT SAME 25, THAT ARE STRUGGLING FARTHER BEHIND THE 8 BALL, AND THE ONES THAT WILL HAVE TO QUIT BECAUSE THEY CAN,T KEEP UP WITH THE COST OR THE RULE CHANGES ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE SUPPORTED THIS SERIES FROM THE FIRST MEETING WE HAD AT THUNDER ZONE YEARS AGO, THERE ARE WAY MORE DRIVERS RUNNING OUT OF THE TOP FIVE THAN IN IT,ASK THEM WHAT THEY NEED FOR HELP TO GET COMPETEIVE,CLOSE THE FIELD WITH HELP DON,T SPREAD IT WITH RULE CHANGES, PLEASE I CAN,T AFFORD FOR YOU SAVE ME ANY MORE MONEY WITH ANOTHER RULE CHANGE, WRITTEN WITH LOVE AND AFFECTION WADDY # 28 TSRS WHEN I WAS 2 time track champion eveybody wanted to know what i thought about the rules now that i.m just a competitor no one is intrested in anything i have to say, and i understend that totally, but at least think about it, and i still think this is the best racing in usa.....

Ok.. can i play stupid.. because i am in this area..

The aftermarket clip is $170 less than the stock replacement..

If you go with the aftermarket replacement, what does that allow you to do vs. the Stock clip..

Is there Performance advantages? Weight, geo?, Better parts on the corners?

And how much does it cost for those other parts?

Archived