Thunderhill Raceway Announces Upcoming Events

debwill

Several of you have been asking about the Thunderhill Raceway 2008 registrations, banquet, etc. The THR management team met last night, and the following events are currently being scheduled. Mark your calendars now. More details will be provided in the next couple of days.

Saturday, December 8, 2007, 10A-12P (noon) - Thunderhill Raceway Drivers' Lounge

Drivers' Registration Meeting - The THR drivers/teams will have the opportunity to register for the 2008 racing season and reserve their pit stalls. The 2008 rules and a 2008 tentative schedule will also be distributed, and some exciting announcements will be made at this meeting. TSRS, Pro Mods and Texas Trucks are also invited to attend this meeting.

Friday, February 29, 2008, through Sunday, March 2, 2008

A family-oriented, fun-filled weekend to include the 2007 Awards Banquet, Swap Meet and Enduro Race

At Thunderhill Raceway - Weekend camping at THR is encouraged!

Friday, February 29, 8P - “Let’s get ready to Leap into ‘08 Party” (added this event on 11/19/07)

Saturday, March 1, 7P - Awards Banquet for THR local classes, TSRS, Pro Modifieds and Texas Trucks

Sunday, March 2, 8A - 4th Annual JRA Kids’ Club Swap Meet

Sunday, March 2, 2P - 200-Lap Enduro Race

This weekend will hopefully be an annual event - combining the recognition for the 2007 season and a kickoff for the 2008 racing season.

Again, we will be posting more detailed information soon on all of these events - just wanted to make sure you mark your calendars now.

The details on the Driver Registration meeting scheduled for December 8 are shown in the Press Release that's posted in the Announcement section, as follows:

Driver Registration Meeting

We will be posting the registration form on TSZ soon.

We're currently working on the Press Release about the Awards Banquet, Swap Meet, etc. Stay tuned for more information.

The Trucks and Mods are invited to be a part of all of the events - including the Driver Registration Meeting, the Awards Banquet, Swap Meet, etc. I thought I had included y'all in the press release I had just posted concerning the Drivers' Registration Meeting, but I'll check to make sure.

The press release announcing this special weekend at THR (February 29, 2008 through March 2, 2008) has just been posted in the Announcement section. Here's a link:

THR introduces 2008 Racing Season

We've also added an event on Friday night, February 29. We hope we have lots of interest in this upcoming, exciting weekend at THR!

I think the entry fee for the Enduro will be $100 - still working on all of the details.

The THR 2008 registration fee is $50 per race car per class.

I'll try to get you an answer on the pit stall fee soon.

Thanks for asking!

fast18,

No it's not a typo! FitchRacer07 is correct. Even with 20 cars, the winner would take home $2000. Of course, we're hoping to have a 100 or more cars with this type of payout and with this much advance notice. You've got to admit - the odds are much better than what you'd find on the slot machines in Las Vegas! LOL Darn, it even makes me want to get one built and have some fun!

Help us spread the word to friends, co-workers, etc. We'll be creating an Enduro poster and flyers soon - let's stir up some excitement for this event.

So, it's first place takes all???? Sounds made up.

sprintsrule,

The technical team is working on the rules now. I'll make sure your question is addressed.

Jody Wayne,

We never said "Winner takes All," although the winner will get the amount stated. We're also looking at other options on the purse. Again, stay tuned - we're working on it now.

Well if it's 100 per car............. and the entire sum of that...........is going to the winner..... I just thought......... Ahhh never mind. I'm too tired to think.

Archived