Ron's Rant - Warning! Contains political views

NickHolt

I found this on the ASA form and thought it was interesting.

Someone with the screen name copperpot wrote this and below this is Ron's reply to him.

Just thought it was interesting.

Just got done reading Ron's Rant, and I think that maybe he should take a look in the mirror. Taking a look over the past five years since the inception of ASA Late Models for starters I would like to look at how many drivers are still in the current batch of drivers that were here from race #1 or even better people that make the series special the tech inspectors. I would bet to say that there are less than 5 who competed in year one that continually are competing in any one of Ron’s series. The man talks of respect or lack there of... or where have all the fans gone to? Let’s talk about respect, as a promoter you have a lot of responsibilities and many of those responsibilities are with the fans, the drivers/teams and the track itself. I know of instances were Ron has belittled drivers in his series, telling drivers it's my sandbox, if you don't like it than leave!!! I think you would want to be more than generous to the drivers as a promoter yet at the same time remaining equal and fair. Equal and Fair, I know at one of the biggest races he put on last year in Texas with a purse of $10,000 he allowed an illegal motor win the race, tech officials wanted to DQ him but Ron overruled the officials and allowed the win.

With instances such as this and I could go on forever, why would you want to come and watch a series like this were you know the promoters a jerk. Promoters should be out shaking hands and kissing babies, he should be out there shaking the hands and welcoming the drivers and crews for taking the time out of their busy lives to help promote his show. Its the friends and family of the race teams that support the majority of ASA Late models, and if your making a bad impression on the drivers/teams, that's bad press right of the bat...

It comes down to this, eventually Ron will run out of teams to run his series and he will place the blame on the fans not supporting short track racing, the concept of his series is great, but the persons in charge do not stand by the rules, and their tech officials, and their drivers. To reiterate the man is pleasant to NOONE unless your SOMEONE!!!!

To ccopperpot:

First off at least I don't hide behind a screen name. There are quite of few people who do not like me or my series, and thats fine. I've always said that this is a dictatorship and I'm the dick. The only problem I have with your post is the blatant lie about the motor that won in San Antonio. We took Colt James engine and found nothing and I mean nothing wrong with it. Colt just flat out whupped em. Everything else is just your opinion and we all no opinion are like __________ everybody's got one.

Ron Varney

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. Equal and Fair, I know at one of the biggest races he put on last year in Texas with a purse of $10,000 he allowed an illegal motor win the race, tech officials wanted to DQ him but Ron overruled the officials and allowed the win.

To ccopperpot:

First off at least I don't hide behind a screen name. There are quite of few people who do not like me or my series, and thats fine. I've always said that this is a dictatorship and I'm the dick. The only problem I have with your post is the blatant lie about the motor that won in San Antonio. We took Colt James engine and found nothing and I mean nothing wrong with it. Colt just flat out whupped em. Everything else is just your opinion and we all no opinion are like __________ everybody's got one.

Ron Varney

Last year ment the 2006, Ron reply was in my opion a way to sleaze out of an answer.

JMO

Archived