Plans and Rules for 2008

Danielsen Motorsports

Its just an idea but if I-37 plans to open for 2008 why cant the pure stocks and street stock rules follow what STS rules are. They are not far from being the same but there are some differences that would keep cars from traveling between these two tracks. Again if you are opening this is one way to help keep the doors open and pulling cars when they are off or when weather rains one of the tracks out that weekend.

Guest Top Dog Graphix

I'm not so sure a few of the street stocks would like to combine with the supers, and vice versa... all of a sudden you have cars that were 5th place street stocks, as 9th place "hobby stocks" and stacks of big tires sitting, with possibly a few dropped cars from the cost of changing to 8 inch tires and wheels. Oh well, glad i sold out of fender cars and got a sportmod.

That is exactly what they did at STS. If so use the STS rules so again we can go to both tracks. Put em all on 8 inch wheels and g60 lets see who can race! Run any intake on a 2 barrell and 4 link stock mount suspension. It worked at STS it can work at I37. They are twicking the supers that came down in class alittle to make it a a fair class for everyone but thats it. Make the purse reflect the car count. If we show up with lots of cars then the pay should reflect it. If we dont then we should be paid full purse. Dont make it top heavy.

i can see TRYING to mix street and supers(HOT STOCKS) together... i tried but most were totally AGAINST it..folks here dont travel much..however i really gotta disagree with you on the pure stocks..it has been an entry leval class since the dark ages..low budget,lets go racing deal..i like STS but there pure stock class are all out... if you had a youngster that wanted to start out,it should NOT be that tough a deal.WHEN did the pure stocks have the largest numbers?.that class is supposed to be simple..after the 8 inch wheels will be bead locks,then closed chamber heads,etc....we have 2 for the class and can go either way...so we are ok.. but you should not have to have deep pockets for this class.. i hope it does not go crazy... for the small budget racer does need a class... frank t

I guess that is why STS has a true bomber class for the beginners or those w/o much money. The pure stock class is 95% the same as I37 and it is the most competitive class they have with good numbers. I agree beadlocks and closed chambered heads dont need to be out there either but we are not talking about that we are mainly talking about cams. Which the rule if adopted would make teching alot easier. I sure wish the promoter and owner of I37 would consider a competition board of chosen members. Let them hash out the rules and classes and then present it to them and the drivers. It should be made up of those that have experienced alot and understand what bad can happen from rules. Anyway just a thought. I sure dont want to be sitting here in March wondering what is going to happen and what the rules are going to be. Lets get this thing moving in the right direction maybe this is just the help they need.

Just add g60's huh? its more than that... gotta change gears and set up too... and i dont want to go to a factory 4 link? in hobby? Thought 3 links were allowed...I would say a minimum of $2,000 to convert my car to hobby...

I hope we have a place to race... Would be nice for someone to step up now so we can plan for any changes...

Frank you and Joe had the best car count with the pure stock class, the tracks need to get back to the way the class was when you had the track, at least you had a good car count in this class. The problem has been too many stock classes without enough difference to justify each class.

Archived