Voting Blitz Tonight @ 9P

debwill

We're having another voting blitz tonight at 9:00 p.m. to help Colt James win the ASA LMS Most Popular Driver Award. He needs lots of votes to catch up in the South.

To partipate in the voting blitz, please visit the following website and vote as many times as you wish:

ASA Late Models South

If you need more information about the award, voting procedure, etc., please visit the previous thread on TSZ regarding the competiton, as follows:

ASA Most Popular Driver Award

TSZ members can make a difference in helping Colt win this award!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deb,

We've put Colt right where he needs to be for the time being. He is solidly in 2nd, far ahead of third place.

Those #41 people were on there all day yesterday, running up their count. They'll soon tire of that. We just need to make sure he is never "LAST" each week. Then, when it REALLY counts we can all jump on here and put him over the top! :)

More importantly right now is I think there are probably quite a few TXSZ members who are not familiar with who Colt is. That's especially true of the newer members. The best thing he could do right now is post a little background info on himself on here.

For starters, the pic his mom posted awhile back on here with Colt and Robert Yates at Daytona is just way, way COOL! :D

Good idea, Budman.

Here's a press release that I had written on Colt before the ASA race at SAS last October - gives some background on Colt. I'll also post the picture that was included with the press release.

For Immediate Release

San Antonio Speedway Vice President & Asst. Gen. Mgr.

(210) 648-7373 (office); (210) 685-0400 (cell)

debwill@sanantoniospeedway.com

Colt James ready for ASA Late Model Series Shootout

San Antonio, TX (October 16, 2006) – Colt James is no stranger to the high banks at San Antonio Speedway – and he’ll be relying on some of his past experience to give him an advantage in the ASA Late Model Series race at the speedway this Saturday night.

James is a 23-year-old native of Buda, Texas, and he has competed with several different teams and in various series races throughout the nation – including the ROMCO Super Late Model Series, the All Star Race Truck Series (ARTS) and the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS).

When he was just 15 years old, James secured his first championship in the Hobby Stock class at Longhorn Speedway in Austin, Texas. Then in 2001, he won the national championship in the All Star Race Trucks Series, Lone Star Region.

James claimed some impressive wins in his United States Racing Association (USRA) All Star Race Truck at the Fall Brawl at San Antonio Speedway last November. He swept both segments of the Twin 35s and also outran the field in the 10-lap USRA ARTS Shootout to complete his perfect night.

Entering the ASA Late Model Series (ASA LMS) Southern Division as a rookie this year, James has already chalked up a victory by taking the checkered flag at the Kenly 100 that was held in Kenly, North Carolina on June 7.

James finished a strong sixth in the ASA race at Watermelon Capital Speedway in Cordele, Georgia, this past Saturday. He is currently in seventh place in the ASA LMS Southern Division points’ race – not a small accomplishment considering that he got a late start in this year’s competition and has missed four of the 12 ASA races. James has finished in the Top 5 in almost every ASA LMS race he’s entered this year.

Experience will hopefully play a role in this weekend’s race. “I think anytime you have experience on a track, you’re a step ahead,” said James. “I’ve been at somewhat of a disadvantage this year because I had only raced at one of the tracks on the ASA schedule before.”

Although James feels he has a good chance at winning this Saturday’s race, he knows he’s against some tough challengers – both in the ASA ranks and on a local level. “ASA points’ leader James Buescher has been strong all year,” commented James. “And San Antonio Speedway’s Brandon Bendele is always a threat. I’ve raced with him in the Super Late Model Series – he has lots of experience and he knows his way around the track. But I also can’t rule out Tommy Grimes – he’s quick and has a lot of experience also.”

Fucello-Smith Electric and Magnum Trailers will be sponsoring #15 ASA Ford Fusion left-hander chassis piloted by James on Saturday.

The highlight of Saturday’s show at San Antonio Speedway will be the AT&T Twin 75 ASA All-Star Shootout presented by Mercedes Homes. ASA drivers from several states in the southern part of the nation will compete in two 75-lap events. The first race will determine the final points’ positions for the ASA LMS Southern Division drivers.

Saturday night’s agenda will also include the Texas State Sportsman Championship race, which will be a 50-lap competition by some of the top Sportsman and Street Stock drivers from racetracks throughout the state of Texas.

The grandstand gates open at 4:00 p.m., and fans will be given the opportunity to meet James and the other ASA LMS drivers during an autograph session that begins at 6:05 p.m. The racing action gets started promptly at 7:30 p.m.

San Antonio Speedway is located at 14901 State Highway 16 South (towards Poteet), 3.5 miles outside Loop 410. Admission is $25 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and military and spouse (with ID) and $5 for children 7-12. Children 6 and under are admitted free.

For more information, call the Speedway’s hotline at (210) 628-1499 or log onto their website at http://sanantoniospeedway.com. To find out more about the ASA Late Model Series, visit their website at http://asalatemodels.com.

More importantly right now is I think there are probably quite a few TXSZ members who are not familiar with who Colt is. That's especially true of the newer members. The best thing he could do right now is post a little background info on himself on here.

For starters, the pic his mom posted awhile back on here with Colt and Robert Yates at Daytona is just way, way COOL! :D

alittle about me..... Grew up watching my father Terry James race at Longhorn Speedway. started racing there when I was 13 in the Hobby stocks. Ran pretty much about everything back home. I moved to North Carolina alittle over 5 years ago to pursue my dream of making it to NASCAR. I got hired on in the engine shop for Roush and Yates racing engines alittle over four years ago. I have been running in the asa late model series for two years. We finished 3rd in the asa late models challenge series points this season. Thanks for everyones help. -Colt

Archived