$3.39 DIESEL

landlord

We could have had an alternative form of feul years ago, but as long as crooks are incharge AKA politicians, we will continue to take it in the rear. No matter what they say, or what kind of spin they put on it, there is no reason for gas prices to be this high! It is all manipulated...........No doubt about it. :angry:

I build a custom module for Ford 7.3. On average people are getting 3 miles to the gallon more as long as they drive the same as they did before they got the module. (It adds 55Hp/90ft lbs of torque on a Mustang Dyno*** Stock Truck ***) I have one here in San Antonio that is getting 4.5 to the gallon more.

I'll soon be adding more to our line now that I'm back in a shop. I'll also be advertising more on here again to include packages for people who (tow/haul) and also the GPS tracking device.

Thanks Nick for your patience, I need to send you a check...

Aaron,

I'll call you this week. On the 6.0's we are doing tuners. For some reason :D Ford has done some weird things with the 6.0's. I did a module a while back and the sensor(sp) we tap into to control fuel didn't react to our changes. We figured back to the drawing(R&D) board.

I'll work with ya....

I sure hate these gas prices, my 04 chevy gets 12-14mpg, less when I'm hauling to the car to Kyle. I know it ain't 3.39 for gas yet but 3 bucks a gallon to feed my 6.0 sure eats away at the wallet. But, I got lucky and have a service truck now. So for now I ain't paying for fuel, but the way the prices are going up there's always the possibilty of them taking them away.

I'm burning waste veggie in a 80/20 mix on my Ford PSD. $1.75/gal ready to burn.. I also picked up a '95 Toyota Tercel for $500 for everything I don't need the truck for. With the truck I get ~15 - 16 MPG around town, with the Tercel ~30 mpg.. It will pay for itself in about six months.

KISS, PM me what you might have for a '96 7.3 automatic (stock, single shot, no mods) - daily commute and tow #8000 lb travel trailer.

I put a throttle body spacer on my '05 F-150 and I got 1.5 to 3 mpg more (depending on how I drive). It only costs $85.00 and should pay itself off in 8.5 months if you get at least a 1.5 mpg increase. I have also noticed that it added more torque and for the price, this is a great modification to a gasoline. As for a diesel, I'm not sure it'll help since most diesels already have turbos that spiral air into the intake.

The good part about a devalued dollar is that it no longer makes as much economic sense to make goods overseas. With higher transportation costs, a weak dollar and congress with enough hutzpah to quit caving in to the oil companies and enforce a carbon tax, we might actually see a return to a manufacturing base in this country.

Huh what!? Is it time to get up already.. Darn and I was having such a good dream...

Sprint,

I'll PM you in a couple of days with some contact info. You have to tune those, I have a friend here in S.A. that is one of the best in the nation for tuning those. Key is A/F mixture...

1 Crew, I have done one '97. Had a little luck, but need to fine tune the module... Module seems to work best from 99.5-2003's...

Gas vehicles and diesel are affected somewhat the same. Our module tricks the computer into putting more fuel in, by doing this we make more power. Key to it is that the customer drive the same i.e. if he drove 70 miles per hour before, then drive 70. There are so many variables in both Gas vehicles and Diesels, there are no two of either that are identical.

Gunnar i hear you.. but look at it this way

Truck Payment per month: $530

Insurance per month on truck: $50

Fuel used: $330 (1750 miles @ 18 MPG) @ $3.39 per gal

Truck Oil Change/Maintain: $75

Cost of Travel/Ownership: $985

I need to keep the truck for racing purposes so if i picked up a $1000 car thats gets 30 mpg.

Truck Payment per month: $530

Insurance on Truck & Car: $90

Fuel Used Truck: $160. 750 miles @ 16 MPG (All hauling) @ $3.39

Fuel Used Car: $100. 1000 miles @ 30 MPG @ $3.00 per gal

Car Oil Change/Maintain: $40

Truck Oil Change/Maintain: $50

Cost of Travel/Ownership: $970

Change in monthly expense = - $15

Time to pay of lump sum $1000 Car charge = 66 months * Time before savings realized!!

Bottom line.. There is not incentive for me to put out the extra money to get a gas saving car.

It will take 5.5 years to see savings.

UNCLE SAM...... WHAT Are you going to do??

Aaron, Uncle Sam can't do anything about millions of Chinese and Indians who are buying cars and wanting fuel for them. The world is at production capacity and demand is exceeding that by about three million barrels a day. Supply and demand, remember?

And we in the U. S., with about five percent of the world population, are still using over 20 percent of the fuel.

A friend of mine observed during the first oil crisis in 1973 that the U. S. was coming to the end of he longest Saturday night party in the history of the world. What went unsaid was that all the so-called "emerging nations" were never going to enjoy the standard of living the U. S. did in the 1950s and early '60s: there isn't enough energy left fo fuel that many economies.

What can Uncle Sam do? Raise required fuel economy levels? We aren't buying the fuel-efficient cars the industry makes now. How would they sell even more of them?

Sorry guys, only one answer: higher fuel prices will reduce demand. And Uncle Sam can increase fuel prices very easily. Might even help pay for the war...

TQ I understand the Supply and demand very well..

Because of the goverments International Policies all Americans are going to pay.

What are benifits of global warming.. Well in the north they don't use as much energy to Heat, South Uses more to cool.. so call it an offset.

Personal i have been working for more than a year to lower my expenses due to energy crisis.

Racing things that i have done.

Wife drove own vehicle before and came to track later, Now fill the truck with occupants and make one trip

Would go out for Thursday/friday practices, Now only if issues arrise do we make multiple trips.

1 & Done practice sessions. Do one longer practice session early to break in car then go to notes.

Lowered Fuel consumption by 5 gals

Reduced tire wear

Reduced Engine wear

Buy fuel by 55 gallon drum now.. get 5ish gallons free that way.

There are ton's of things we can do to lower electric/gas use in the house. They cost but save in the long run..

Hate to say nothing we personally do effect the situation... Just find ways to cope and save personal $$

TQ I understand the Supply and demand very well..

Because of the goverments International Policies all Americans are going to pay.

What are benifits of global warming.. Well in the north they don't use as much energy to Heat, South Uses more to cool.. so call it an offset.

I was going to stay out of this one, but that is WAY wrong. Think of it this way. In the south (that's us) we use a lot of energy to cool from 100 degrees down to 70 degrees or a 30 degree change. Up north (that's them) they use energy to get from 0 to 70 or a 70 degree change.

Personal i have been working for more than a year to lower my expenses due to energy crisis.

Racing things that i have done.

Wife drove own vehicle before and came to track later, Now fill the truck with occupants and make one trip

Would go out for Thursday/friday practices, Now only if issues arrise do we make multiple trips.

1 & Done practice sessions. Do one longer practice session early to break in car then go to notes.

Lowered Fuel consumption by 5 gals

Reduced tire wear

Reduced Engine wear

Buy fuel by 55 gallon drum now.. get 5ish gallons free that way.

There are ton's of things we can do to lower electric/gas use in the house. They cost but save in the long run..

Hate to say nothing we personally do effect the situation... Just find ways to cope and save personal $$

Archived