Motor Builder

badboy29

I would like a few names in or around the Houston Area that freshens Bomber motors. I need Names and numbers and keep in mind the price its very important to me,this is my first year to race and trying to get into the game at a reasonable price don't want to break the bank right off the bat. Thanks everyone....... Please PM with the information

I would like a few names in or around the Houston Area that freshens Bomber motors. I need Names and numbers and keep in mind the price its very important to me,this is my first year to race and trying to get into the game at a reasonable price don't want to break the bank right off the bat. Thanks everyone....... Please PM with the information

good luck on not breaking the bank :lol: money buys speed

actualy you need a good set up also. the set up on my car was good for the 305 that was in it know that i got the 250 in it , i had bad handaling car so you kinda need both from the getgo B)

you forgot one thing ... you have a good set up ...a good fast motor . and still not fast ..what does that mean ...somethings wrong driver ...

ouch oldtimer :huh::lol: right now we have the horsepower just need to find the setup that is one of our plans this off season is to find the car's happy spot to make it handle to were duane can look like a good driver because it is hard to drive a extremely loose car on asphalt.

o yea on the motor refreshing if you want to save money get a midwest motorsports catalog and DO It Yourself! that is about the best way to save money. I raced for five years on a single motor that I built myself. when I started I had my machine shop check the bores and hone the motor (100 dollars), I bought a midwest engine kit (300 dollars), roller rockers (80 dollars) so thats only 480 in my motor. after two year I refreshed it with and ring and bearing kit (100 dollars) and thats all it cost me to refresh my motor that always had plenty of power and always ran up front!! so get a gm engine rebuild book and Do It Yourself!!!!!!! B)

• 4 weeks later...
Five years on one motor?????? Did you race once a year for five years!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

nope just built a good motor and good maintance. I actually raced it for three years running every weekend at Texas Thunder In a street stock. When we freshened it up the bearing still looked brand new.

badboy29,

i know you said Houston Area, but Mission Racing(Mission Auto Parts) here in San Antonio has two of the best motor builders around workng for them. John and Tom Hamilton build some incredible motors. John did the 306 in my Mustang, Call Danny Webb @ (210) 921-2803

Archived