Quarter Midget Racing in Texas

abrungot

I was wondering what the member thought about QTR midget racing in TX. Over the last year there has been a decent growth in Club membership, However that growth is barely keeping up with the exiting members.

Many of the kids that move up from QM, go to legecys...

As Drivers/Teams would you start you kids off in QM racing? or Stock car racing?

I would start them off at 5 years old in Quarter Midgets and travel everywhere with them. Glen Smith says a million times if someone reimbursed him every penny that he we spent on Casey but the father/son/mother relationship would go with it - he would tell them there is no price tag that could replace the relationship we have developed. Start them young - let them practice 3 times a week at their local club, travel to the regional races, do at least one of the Grand National Events - East or West, and then take in the special shows - Florida Speedweeks, Phoenix - Thanksgiving Thunder on the Mountain - let them hone their skills but do it as a FAMILY sport! One of the main topics of conversation in Casey's trophy room is his Quarter Midget hanging that he won the Grand Nationals in Syracuse New York with - and it hangs just like it rolled off the track with his helmet and all in it.

Definitely quarter midgets, only if there's a strong interest that they want to do it. They should take responsibility to learn and work along with their Parents/Crew. Agree with Kathy...keep it fun and something the whole family can enjoy. Try not to be too competitive in early stages. My Dad pushed racing on my brother too young and set very high expectations on his performance. It consumed so much time and money, that the rest of the family was left out for literally years. As with any sport, sometimes parents can go overboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived