myspace?

enduro93

Last week on Dr. Phil had parents of a 16 yr old girl who ran off to be with her palestinian boy friend she met on myspace. She got a passport, he bought her a plane ticket. He wants to marry her so he can get into U.S.A. My sister keeps the computer in the dining room so she can keep an eye on my nephew. No closed doors. Good idea.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To this day, whenever my dad gets up and heads towards the pantry or the fridge, my butt goes numb and I have this urge to cover it with my hands. My dad kept the paddle either on top of the fridge or in the pantry. I wasn't a bad kid, but the feeling of the few times he had to use it scarred my subconsious. :lol:

Kathy, i SOOO believe in a spank on the butt!! One time i was walking thru the grocery store and saw a woman smack a 2 year old (give or take a few months) in the FACE... I was walking toward her... the child reached out again to grab at something and she raised her hand again. I grabbed her arm mid swing and told her if she hit him again, she and I were going outside and i was going to show her what it felt like to get hit in the face!!! NO ONE else said a word to her. They just kept walking. Like i said, i am all for a smack on the bottom, but when you put your hand above the shoulders, i draw the line. (except for the occasional ear grab which i also had growing up!) But we as citizens shouldn't just sit by and WATCH!! It makes us just a guilty. I'd rather stick my nose in where it didn't belong, then read about the child being put in a freaking MICROWAVE!!!!! Maybe not be as aggressive as i am, but do the right thing by reporting ANYTHING you see as questionable! You never know, it may save a lost soul!!

"Last week on Dr. Phil had parents of a 16 yr old girl who ran off to be with her palestinian boy friend she met on myspace. She got a passport, he bought her a plane ticket. He wants to marry her so he can get into U.S.A. My sister keeps the computer in the dining room so she can keep an eye on my nephew. No closed doors. Good idea"

See, where are the parents when they are doing all this?!?!? BE NOSEY!!! Stick your nose in yours kids face ALL THE TIME... like me, they will be too scared to ever do anything wrong!! And if they try, you will be right there to stop them!!! They may hate you for it today, but will be around to thank you for it later!!

pipsqueek78-i can remember when we got paddled in school!!! OH, the good old days!!!!! :D

Kathie

Stick your nose in your kids business, know who their friends are, watch what they do on the putter, parental controls work, Larry and I did with ours, and we even do the same with our grandchildren and their friends. These friends of Joey's hang out in the race shop working on race cars, sitting around, listening to music and dancing in the shop when they move stuff out of the way. They all know that 10pm is shut her down time and go home, except for weekends. Would rather see them there than out drinking and driving or doing drugs, or gosh knows whatelse. They know even if Grandpa is in wheelchair they better tow the line.

Trouble is they all want Grandma to cook for them. I am so proud of these kids and we have told their parents also. They all call us Grandpa and Grandma.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GOD BLESS US ALL

My 9 year old grandson is a smart little kid but gets in trouble a little in school for talking and acting up...nothing real bad. He was telling me about getting grounded. I told him about getting takin' out in the hall and feeling the sting of a big wooden paddle ! ....usually it was nothing compared to what I would get at home for getting in trouble. :unsure:

Come on now Kathy...nothing X-rated on TXSZ!! We don't want to have Nick shut it down! Not to mention you may have some takers!!! hahaha

Gotta love it! Where else can you say it like it is?!?!?! :lol:

I was trying to keep it clean.

Please don't shut us down. I will be good I promise.

a belt sting with nothing on .did the trick for us ...my mother believed in fareness . and or makeing sure the correct one got a spanking .... if you didnt tell who did it .then all 5 boys got it ..just tobe sure ....kinda wished she was alive today to give me one ..i havent had one in 40 years or so ..almost forgot how much it hurt ....besides i probably need one anyway ....

a belt sting with nothing on .did the trick for us ...my mother believed in fareness . and or makeing sure the correct one got a spanking .... if you didnt tell who did it .then all 5 boys got it ..just tobe sure ....kinda wished she was alive today to give me one ..i havent had one in 40 years or so ..almost forgot how much it hurt ....besides i probably need one anyway ....

I know all about the sting of that belt. That's what my daddy used on us. I remember in 3rd grade I got the wooden paddle, for spitting on a boy. And I can still remember his name Simmy Cordell. :lol: I never misbehaved again. I didn't want anything else to do with that wooden paddle. Man, that hurt.

Spankings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the misbehavin' line??????

Oldtimer, talk to Kathy. She was passing out spankings!!!

God bless you all. This forum makes me smile at least once a day...thank you!

Kathie

passing out spankings ....ill send my friends kids over to her.... every body gather up all the brats ..as for her spanking me ,,wont be the same as my mama ....noone could be as masterful as her ... kathy that wooden paddle .did it have holes in it ..in 1967 i had to make a bunch in wood shop at school for all the teachers .. made some exstra ones ...... kinda makes me wonder if they were really selling them .and i didnt get my cut .....did get three swacks with one of em ..

Heck when I was in elemetary school, they still did paddling. I remember hearing the "horror stories" of what the principal's paddle looked like. It was like the evil version of the Holy Grail: you're pretty sure it exists, but you never see it. My principal was cool, but seeing him walk down the hall it might as well have been Darth Vader. He was scary. And I've already thanked my parents for wacking my rear. I have friends whose parents didn't and a lot of them are going down the wrong road.

Man, this kind of jog down memory lane can sure make a persons cheeks hurt... Facial cheeks from laughing and butt cheeks from the memories alone!!! You all are making it hard to get any work done!!!! But, heck, i'm not complaining!!!

Many of yall dont know me but a few do I am 17 fixing to be 18 years old my mom still checks on everything i do even my my space page I dont know what the link is or nothin like that but i have one and she is not afraid to get the belt, paddle, or those little sticks (now those things hurt) which ever was closer and give me a whopin when I have done somthin wrong. I think that i am turnin into a respectful young man.o and i have a cell phone with no camera and hardly know how to text message.

Archived