Calling Truck Owners

firemdk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stock car class is a good example. They were organized and run by the drivers. Once it grew, the track took over. We still work together to vote on the rules. All the drivers were together to vote for no rules changes several races ago. The class started with 6 cars and we did a lot of testing out of our own pockets to get the class off the ground. We spent months negotiating with Graham to get the class to start at HMP. We had a rule change at the very begining taking the cars off 10" wheels and onto 8". We now have 17 cars, on and off, but never less than 9 at the track, which is low. There are 4 new cars being built for next year, some dirt guys saying they are going to convert.

HMP Stock cars put on an exciting show, the track, fans, and other racers like watching them, so I am not worried about taking them off the schedule. If we did, our cars can be run on dirt, after all, they were born on dirt.

Hopefully you guys get organized and get something started. Its a shame to let a class die because there is noone willing to lead it. That is all I have to say about that

So I lied,

You guys have someone willing to put up $100 per race, add it up when you run 10-16 races. get 5 more like that and you can easily guarantee $500 to win and pay the rest off the back gate. I will say thank you for someone stepping up to offer money. You should have your company name on all trucks, as a matter of fact, if you send me your logo, I will run it on my car to say thank you for supporting the racers.

Arthur,

I know that there are more out there. Now is the time to hit them up to see what there commitment is for 2008 and beyond.

My $100 could turn out to be $200 or more depending on business in the off season.

As far as other trucks, I know the last time we checked the guys in Calfornia wanted to come run. Their only issue was 10.5:1 compression rule and crates...

Mark,

Financially I cannot do anything to help. But I will help you with whatever you want. If you need me to make phone calls, whatever you need. you probably don't have time to head all this up, but if everyone helps and someone leads, it will work. Good luck. My phone number is 281-541-1301.

P.S. I will not run the trucks because I cannot commit to running out of town. The only race I am running out of town is Kentucky with my new car. If possible, I will use trucks in my promotions next year if there are local trucks that will come out with me.

Arthur,

I know that there are more out there. Now is the time to hit them up to see what there commitment is for 2008 and beyond.

My $100 could turn out to be $200 or more depending on business in the off season.

As far as other trucks, I know the last time we checked the guys in Calfornia wanted to come run. Their only issue was 10.5:1 compression rule and crates...

Thanks for the boost Mark it will help. I and Arthur I wasn't trying to disrespect you in anyway. but you said it yourself the reason Kyle gets decent truck count because they run a hand full of races maybe those stats are something HMP should look at instead of a 16 race season that only a few can make. Because only 3-5 showing a week makes the series look like an exhibition series they even announced it that way last race what a shame. you want trucks to show up cut the date so we race 5-7 at each track it will be more cost effective

and you'll get better counts. I mean how many Texas trucks guys can make 22 races at two different tracks

for an over all championship? not enough.

i hope you guys can get something on the burner ..its a tough way to be ...maybe you can get cc to run you a couple of nights ...they have a meeting this week end .. they are open to ideals ..trucks traveling searies who knows ..worth a try ..if the new man takes over .he will have a tough row to hole .getting this track back to shape ..

i hope you guys can get something on the burner ..its a tough way to be ...maybe you can get cc to run you a couple of nights ...they have a meeting this week end .. they are open to ideals ..trucks traveling searies who knows ..worth a try ..if the new man takes over .he will have a tough row to hole .getting this track back to shape ..

We would go if they invited us and I'm sure other truck owners would also. But they would have to put up the purse like the other tracks. It would seem that the tracks have figured out a way to make the trucks work for

everyones benefit. At kyle if 12 trucks showed up there was at least $500 to win and $350 for second. Thats not

a shabby payout. yeah granted more money would bring more trucks but the only way to do that if for people

to knock the dust off the ones sitting and go race.

it's upto the truck owners to decide the fate of the class. I'm looking at ARTS and USST as sanctioning bodies right now. I'm contacting ARTS about redoing the Lone Star Region and seeing if we can get them to work out deals with the tracks and I'm talking to USST about getting us involved in their races. There would be some travel involved but the money would be better and it would help to build our class as long as someone didn't try and branch it off again and try to start a new series.

There are some plus and minus things to both the options and once I get everything together I'll send out an e-mail with the pro's and con's of each for the owners to see.

Everyone who owns a truck, please PM me your email address or email them to me so that I can put you on the mailing list once the facts come out.

Thanks,

Waco guys would like all truck guys and mary ann / graham to call a meeting so would could get this figured out 5 trucks in waco / busby's will hopefully be back strong in 2008. we would like the touring series 10-12 , 8 or so in kyle. i love the class and two other waco guys are looking at trucks - also we need a person like mary ann not a racer to run the show --- also need a new set of rules for us in black & white lets race............

Rusty i mean't we need a rule book not old copies from usra ==we like the rules....

Yeah, I know what you meant :D

I think you can pick up a set from Jack, I believe they wrote a new book based on the usra rules for the texas trucks. Atleast I think they did.

Mark, they teched more this year than in the previous 2 years, not so much the chassis stuff but the engines. I for one was tech'ed for: P&G'ed trice, cam shaft, valve spring pressure twice, rocker arm ratio twice, carb three times, shocks, body hieght, chassis hieght, spoiler, weight, plus a host of safety and once overs. I think Jack is one of the best and he will catch ya maybe not the fist time, but he will get you.

We might still have a rule book laying around from 06 in the shop. If I find it I'll see if i can scan it in and email

it to you. there were some engine rule changes for the 305's that might not be in it but basically they made it legal to run 10.5 compression with hypereutectic 2 or 4 valve relief pistons and allowed for a 500 lift cam.

valve size is still the same 1.84 intake 1.5 exhaust no port of polishing, springs must measure 115lbs at 1.7 After changing our engine we dyno tested and still came up a little short from what a crate puts out but not much with in 10hp. It sucked for two years watching the 350's win every race. Rick Day made the 305's an actual contender and I give much kodo's to him for doing so.

THR has been using the USRA rules and HMP has been using the same with a few additions which can be found on their website. I don't personally see any reason to change them. Rumor has it there are some people that are running crate motors that have had some modifications and that is the only thing that I've addressed with Jack on checking for crate motors with any modifications

just you and #72 Brent Bell. I sent an e-mail to CC speedway regarding running at corpus. If we could actually set 2 dates and get a commitment as to who would show up, what kind of purse we would look for,l I think they might give us a couple of dates.

We are having a meeting this weekend to announce the 2008 racing season at CC Speedway. There will be a new person in charge and a new manager. I am sure they would be open for the trucks to come down and I think it would be a great show. There are a few things that they would want to know,

1. How many trucks are commited and will show

2. How many dates are you guys wanting

3. What kind of purse structure

4. Who is going to control the race

5. Who is going to tech

I will pass this along to to Michael the gentleman leasing the speedway and see what his ideas are and I am sure he will be in contact you. I have been following the truck discussion on TSZ and it seems that there needs some more organization and I wish you guys the best of luck and hope to see you race down here soon.

I got this email from Don Yocum at CC speedway.

sorry........

but i tryed to stay quiet, really really bad.

HMP runs the series , HMP sets the purse ,HMP sales the tires, sets the rules.

if they are 'TX TRUCKS' a touring series and not a local class , why are we being asked this , why wasn't HMP more involved with setting up race dates , purse structure, etc. etc. ?

MORE COMPLICATION is all you are asking for.

if the founders of this 'series' do not want to participate then how the hell is the 'series' suppose to show any progress?

sorry if you took it negative.

ps- i'll try to be quiet

I wondered how long it would take horse to chime in. HMP has not set any rules, they are using the USRA rule book as is THR. Graham has put the trucks on the schedule for anyone who wants to come run. There is no truck series, there are 2 tracks, maybe more that we are looking at racing to have an overall points. The "tx truck series" died with USRA. It has been made perfectly clear by several people that we don't have the resources to have a series so we're going to have an overall points and run a few tracks.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/11/07]

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong

Archived