Calling Truck Owners

firemdk

It would be nice without starting an argument or creating the havoc that we created last time we tried this to look at some dates for next season and see if we can put together some people who want to run both tracks for a separate end of the season purse.

My suggestion is that truck owners can choose to sign up or not for a overall points between HMP and THR. The owners who want, no pressure can throw an extra amount into a pot every race to be for the overall points fund. We can have t-shirts done for the Texas Truck Series and sell them or what ever we want to do to get money into our pot for the end of the season. This would be for drivers who WANT to run both tracks. I plan on competing atleast once a month at THR to show my support of that track and hopfully get the response from some of their drivers to run once a month at HMP. We as a group can promote our class and get the ball rolling to getting more drivers out of the stock car classes and into the trucks.

Like I mentioned, I'm only interested in constructive input not bashing, slamming, finger pointing or any of the other things that went on before.

Hope everyone enjoys the off season and look forward to 08.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire,

I don't think you need to pull people from other stock car classes... I think what needs to happen is find where all the trucks are. Maybe "Rose City Racing" Can help you identify all the trucks that were out there from the ARTS days and possible Phone numbers. The trucks are sitting, or for sale.. and they need to get the trucks exposed to help build your Counts.

Here is a link to the ARTS eastcoast trucks rule book: http://www.allstarracetrucks.com/RuleBook.php

I Bolded the Cars I know were at the last THR race.. Anyone help identify who ran the others last?

FP, CAR #, DRIVER_NAME, HOMETOWN, ST,

1. (10) Robert Walton, Del Valle, TX,

2. (26) Jon Denham, Hutto, TX,

3. (8) Keith Riethmeyer, Hutto, TX,

4. (28) Shawn Paul Lehman, Manchaca, TX,

5. (66) Jon Garrett, Tyler, TX,

6. (30) Bryan Meredith, Austin, TX,

7. (18) JR (Bud) Carroll, Streetman, TX,

8. (54) Steve Green, Marble Falls, TX,

9. (33) Josh Freeman, Austin, TX,

10. (2)* Bobby Bunte, Georgetown, TX,

11. (38)* Cameron Moore, Austin, TX,

12. (72) Brent Bell, Katy, TX,

13. (9) Larry Latham, Austin, TX,

14. (07) Rusty Mirth, Austin, TX,

15. (09) Josh Cheek, Buffalo, TX,

16. (21) Keith Patrick, Helotes, TX,

17. (25)* Kenny Gaddis, Halsville, TX,

18. (99) Greg Davis, Waxahachie, TX,

19. (47)* Jeff Hull Jr., Bellville, TX,

20. (20) Richard Bunte, Georgetown, TX,

21. (40)* Craig Roper, Wichita Falls, TX,

22. (22) Shane Harris, Fairfield, TX,

23. (5) Bill Hamilton, Red Oak, TX,

24. (3)* Neal Rogers, Luling, TX,

1. (10) Robert Walton, Del Valle, TX, - sold to John Kelly

2. (26) Jon Denham, Hutto, TX, - is the 45 truck

3. (8) Keith Riethmeyer, Hutto, TX, - dont know

4. (28) Shawn Paul Lehman, Manchaca, TX, - racing next year

5. (66) Jon Garrett, Tyler, TX, -is now the 50 truck

6. (30) Bryan Meredith, Austin, TX, - still winning

7. (18) JR (Bud) Carroll, Streetman, TX, - totaled out

8. (54) Steve Green, Marble Falls, TX, - is now Bubba Shelton #84

9. (33) Josh Freeman, Austin, TX, - is the current champ of Jim Albert

10. (2)* Bobby Bunte, Georgetown, TX, - totaled out

11. (38)* Cameron Moore, Austin, TX, - still Cmaeron

12. (72) Brent Bell, Katy, TX, - still Brent

13. (9) Larry Latham, Austin, TX, - soldto the Hulls i believe

14. (07) Rusty Mirth, Austin, TX,

15. (09) Josh Cheek, Buffalo, TX, - still has his truck

16. (21) Keith Patrick, Helotes, TX, - I believe Doug at hill country wireless has it

17. (25)* Kenny Gaddis, Halsville, TX, - sold to one of the waco guys

18. (99) Greg Davis, Waxahachie, TX, dont know

19. (47)* Jeff Hull Jr., Bellville, TX, -has one

20. (20) Richard Bunte, Georgetown, TX, - still got it

21. (40)* Craig Roper, Wichita Falls, TX, - is up for sale now

22. (22) Shane Harris, Fairfield, TX, sold to Jody buzbee

23. (5) Bill Hamilton, Red Oak, TX, - not sure

24. (3)* Neal Rogers, Luling, TX,- is now the 20 truck

I would like to see 8-10 races at thunder hill and 3-5 at HMP

How about 5 races at HMP and 5 races at Kyle. Trucks do not run on regular nights, just those 10 races. If Corpus opens, get with them and add a couple. With the expense of driving so far, 1 time a month should be good, and for most of you, that is more than you ran this year, so it is a bonus for everyone.

Arthur thanks for the input but what I'm saying is the trucks run the normal schedule at your local track. We'll pick 5 of the regular races at THR and have all the trucks run there for an overall points, then we'll pick 5 of our regular races at HMP to run for overall points. If you want to run every other race at your local track that's great but the would guarantee 10 races towards the overall points

Why not run 5 and 5 (or more depending on what you agree on) and be done...no regular schedule at each track. People can't afford to run that many races at one track and then travel to another 5 times. It seems to be getting more and more complicated every time this subject is up. Keep it simple.

JMO

There is a pink #3 truck sitting in the back shop at Munday Ford in bastrop. I'm told that it blongs to Scott Stark who it the brother of the guy that did own it. Scotts brother died of cancer a few years ago and the truck has been setting ever since. I'm told he refuses to sell it also.

If you had a points fund at the end of the year, and ran the races like a true touring series would that change the truck counts at the tracks?

Couple of questions/statements,

#1 Is there a set starting pay from the track? example $100 to start the race period...

#2 Need to find someone like express jet to add to the purse/promotion of the series...

#3 Who is the govern'n body of the series? Local track, or is there a Stearing commit.. for the guys..

I wanted to run a truck for a long time.. just thought it would be cool.. worked with Matt Howell for a while, and kept touch with Gunnar/Josh when they had theirs... hate seeing a truck class in this much trouble especially in TX.

Maybe find a local dealer who pushes trucks like Beni boyd.. or Covert chevy to sponsor.. But they most likely won't get involved if there isn't some kinda govern'n body..

I don't know that I can answer any of those questions yet. We need to get someone who is not a competitor in the class to run the points. We would have to set some kind of schedule between the tracks so that on the touring points nights everyone is at the designated track for that night.

From my perspective, there are only four possibilities (or combinations of all four = 16 possibilities) for reviving the race trucks.

1) A track makes them into a "local" class. But, there are some obvious drawbacks to this option. Why would a track want to add another class? There are already more than enough "local" classes. Adding another class makes little sense in the long run, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mary Ann and H.E. stepped up and made the trucks a local THR class - out of love for the sport as opposed to anything else. Not too sure about HMP due to the very low truck counts they have experienced. I think this is the option that will take place.

2) Someone with deep pockets and a special place in his/her heart for the trucks steps up and backs a truck series financially over a several-year period. Know anybody like that? If so, I'd like to talk to them about Rick Day running the series for them.

3) The truck teams band together and decide to run for no purse, running as a club with annual dues and race registration feels paid to cover admin expenses, tech officials, race directors, scoring system, etc. Obviously, this would require a great deal of cooperation among the various teams... 'Nuff said about that.

4) Someone convinces a major corporation that the truck series is the way to go to get their name "out there." Or perhaps that company is making so much profit that they need a handy tax write-off. Fat chance. And don't be telling me it's easy to land major sponsors. I KNOW better...

I love the trucks. To me the Modifieds and the Trucks are the two "upper" level classes that make the most economic sense - and they seem to have some fan appeal as well. The asphalt Supers have priced themselves into isolated pockets in the Sooutheast and the Limited LMs (TSRS) are already pretty well established around here.

Another good thing about the trucks is that the crates and 305s seem to be fairly competitive with each other. Maybe a weight tweak here or there and they're dead even at any given track.

These thoughts are just thoughts. Not worth the cyberspace they're printed on.. LOL

Nick

You either run a local class or a touring series, not both. I say you guys find a sponsor to put up $1000 per race, add that with the back gate purse, and gurantee $500 to win. You run a local class and a touring series, car count will suck. Give them one or the other. I could go on and on, but you guys don't want to do it yourselves. This needs to be organized by someone who has been involved with the trucks with one of the other series that ran them. No offense to Brent, but someone who has seen it work needs to handle it. until someone steps up, the trucks will just be a JOKE of a race. My brother came in from Chicago this weekend to watch me race for the first time, he asked my why they even raced if there were only 3. He said it was " Pretty Boring". He has never been to a race in his life and do you think he would want to come back for a 3 car/truck race? The tracks look at that and say, we need to do something. Like maybe replace the trucks on the schedule with a Limited Modified calss, or a TPS type class, maybe a USAC style class. Every day you guys wait and bicker over it, the closer you are to killing your class. Sorry guys, but that is how I see it and I see several people out there that could organize it, but refuse to. I would do it, but it is not my class and I cannot travel, but I will offer support to whomever does it because I personally like the trucks.

What would be chances of joining with the USST truck series ? The ran at Altus Speedway for the Spookers and had over 20 trucks show up. They have had very good truck counts all year long. There are a few ARTS trucks running in the series currently. I can not speak for Eric but sure he would like to add two more tracks.

The trucks are running at JRP this weekend they plan on having 10 to 15 trucks. If you hav not been to JRP 10 trucks is a crowd. This is just a thought we are currently putting together a truck to run with USST but would like to travel to THR and HMP. The USST series has there set pay outs and it does not seem to hurt the tracks. I know currently in Wichita Falls there is over 6 trucks here now that are runnng in Oklahoma.

This is just a thought.

No its asphalt

Current tracks:

Oklahoma

Altus Speedway ( Altus , Oklahoma )

JRP Speedway ( Tulsa , Oklahoma )

The also have a North Series

They also ran Red River Speedway we all know that that track is one of the closed asphalt tracks in Texas.

They do have standards , quick changes but not all of them do. I know the #30 truck and Jon Garett would out run them when they would come up here and race them. There are five or six trucks running automatics and stock rear ends. They may not be just alike but it may be a start to get the truck counts up and get someone to run the series.

The trucks have had a decent showing at Kyle 5 out of the 6 races this year and the bad night still tide Houston's best night for truck count. I think a full 12 race season at kyle would do good for the trucks and I'm sure we could expect 2-3 more in 08 maybe more. I personally know of two guys getting trucks together for 08. 15 trucks on a regular basis is a good field these days in any class. I know it's not in the best interest for the local Houston guys but I you must realize by now where the trucks are showing up to race. Now its up to the track owners to decide our fate.

it's upto the truck owners to decide the fate of the class. I'm looking at ARTS and USST as sanctioning bodies right now. I'm contacting ARTS about redoing the Lone Star Region and seeing if we can get them to work out deals with the tracks and I'm talking to USST about getting us involved in their races. There would be some travel involved but the money would be better and it would help to build our class as long as someone didn't try and branch it off again and try to start a new series.

There are some plus and minus things to both the options and once I get everything together I'll send out an e-mail with the pro's and con's of each for the owners to see.

Everyone who owns a truck, please PM me your email address or email them to me so that I can put you on the mailing list once the facts come out.

Thanks,

We dont need anything out of state we can do this thing right here in our own area there is more than enough race trucks to have a very good series, you just need to figure out what works for most of the people most of the time, not some of the people all the time. we are not arts we are Texas Trucks!! lets keep it that way.

it's upto the truck owners to decide the fate of the class. I'm looking at ARTS and USST as sanctioning bodies right now. I'm contacting ARTS about redoing the Lone Star Region and seeing if we can get them to work out deals with the tracks and I'm talking to USST about getting us involved in their races. There would be some travel involved but the money would be better and it would help to build our class as long as someone didn't try and branch it off again and try to start a new series.

There are some plus and minus things to both the options and once I get everything together I'll send out an e-mail with the pro's and con's of each for the owners to see.

Everyone who owns a truck, please PM me your email address or email them to me so that I can put you on the mailing list once the facts come out.

Thanks,

Waco guys would like all truck guys and mary ann / graham to call a meeting so would could get this figured out 5 trucks in waco / busby's will hopefully be back strong in 2008. we would like the touring series 10-12 , 8 or so in kyle. i love the class and two other waco guys are looking at trucks - also we need a person like mary ann not a racer to run the show --- also need a new set of rules for us in black & white lets race............

Archived