fuel

sandersracing

i was wondering the same thing? but then again i always considered drug lords in south and central america to be cut from the same cloth as PX companies here in the states.

I don't know if you've noticed, but anything involved with corn has gone way up.

Plus, they do still use gasoline in that e85 crap.....

do undersatand there is 15% gas in eb85 but that should only raise the prize 15% but it always seams to stay $.30(i thinck) cheaper rhan reg gas . jus somthing does not seam right.

It's almost unAmerican to even suggest this, but until we quit using so much fuel it's just going to get higher and probably a lot higher. Every time the prices go up we (as a group, not as individuals) buy smaller more efficient cars, but as soon as the relative price goes down or stabilizes, we're back to buying big SUVs etc. I joke that it's against the law to carry passengers in a Hummer. People say, "Really?" And I reply, "not really, but have you ever seen a Hummer with more than one person in it?" Try that for yourself.

We just gotta start looking for this stuff here in the USA, and not buy so much from other nations...

its here and they know where it is ..the goverment does not want to use what we have ..the oil companys ..make more money the way it is ...price gouging... its no different than walmart and others buying everything over sea's .. as for oil i do know where some is in south texas ..i went home wearing it a few times after blowing the hell out of a few wells .. 8 to 9000 feet down ...

I tend to blame the Sierra Club and all their environmental terrorist friends.

They raise so much crap about drilling anywhere because they are afraid they will disturb the three eyed tree sloth or some such crap.....

I gotta run. I feel my blood pressure goin' up...

e85 is one of the worst thought out crocks to come our way in a long time. It takes fuel to make e85, corn diverted to e85 raises the cost of feed for livestock. Farmland diverted to corn production for e85 raises the cost of other food crops.

What we get for this wonder fuel is:

Higher food cost

Lower fuel economy

And for some portion of the populations of third world countries - starvation (as their $$$ eyed governments shift from food production to corn export)

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/ne...hanol_ov1_1.htm

http://www.rand.org/pubs/working_papers/WR537/

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/2934?nocomments

Thomas Edison, 1910:

"Sunshine is spread out thin and so is electricity. Perhaps they are the same, Sunshine is a form of energy, and the winds and the tides are manifestations of energy.”

“Do we use them? Oh, no! We burn up wood and coal, as renters burn up the front fence for fuel. We live like squatters, not as if we owned the property.

“There must surely come a time when heat and power will be stored in unlimited quantities in every community, all gathered by natural forces. Electricity ought to be as cheap as oxygen...."

Archived