Frank Kimmel Enduro

speed demon 7

The Enduro has been scheduled for May 24th 2008 at Kentucky Speedway. The rules will posted soon. This is posted on their website, under the latest news area. It was actually posted a week ago, I just saw it. I promised I would update everyone as soon as I found out anything. I am supposed to try to get a hold of Frank tomorrow, to check on the rules. Mainly the motor rules. Will update more as I get more.

Arthur

I will be at the Gator Enduro, look for the purple photo trailer or the guy on the yellow 4 wheeler with the camera and come say hi.

The Frank Kimmel Enduro is a Street Stock race on a super speedway. Not really an enduro. All the THR Super Stocks are legal for this race, I think. We are waiting on the rules.

Frank Kimmel called me this morning. He is working on the rules package, it should be ready in a couple of weeks. He is pushing for a 450 lift rule, he is meeting with the people at Salem Speedway about that today. They have an enduro there that he wants to incorporate our cars with, so they want the rules to be the same. There will be a 100lb weight break for 363 cubic inch or smaller motors. Stock suspension parts. No thre link on the rear. Corvette style ram horns are allowed, no headers. The Kentucky race is set, he is working on Bristol still. Salem will be a possibility if the rules deal works out. He said maybe a race at Rockingham on Jan 1st of 2009. I told him there was a bunch coming from Texas and that we would love to have him do one at TMS, he said he hasn't spoken with them yet. This is all I know right now, but it is more than I knew yesterday!!!

Arthur I shared this information on another board and met resistance over the .450 cam lift idea. The opposition suggested that it would require a cam change at least or eliminate a good number of potential entries including most of the CRA street stocks which seem to be common in that area. Do you know if that has been or is being considered?

Personally I don't see a cam change as being a major determent, but they seemed to think so.

And while on this subject, I popped off without any facts and suggested that the race might pay $500 just to start. I based that on 10K attendance at $10 each for $50K purse. I've since found out that the attendance last year was 6000 and the purse was $25K. I also found out that the race only paid back 25 positions. What's done is done, but it seems to me that my original suggestion while taken out of blue sky to begin with would not be too much of a reach. With the new goal of starting 99 cars, $500 each would eat up the entire $50K, but $400 each would leave $10K for the top 3 at $5K, $3k and $2K. That way every starter would be getting more than they would normally get for a win and the top 3 would take away a nice sum. Your thoughts?

They are going to pay back 50 spots, about $100-150. It will be $7500 to win, not $10K, so they can pay back more spots. The 450 lift rule is his idea he wants, he was meeting with CRA and Salem to get the rules in order. We should know something within a week or two. My car will be delivered at the end of next week, so I can start the suspension. Then we are going to mount the body and get things rolling on it. I will be setting it up at HMP to get things going on it, but the taking it to Kentucky with a different setup. I have scratched my plans of going to a modified, so I can dedicate my time to this car. Will post more as it comes available.

They are going to pay back 50 spots, about $100-150. It will be $7500 to win, not $10K, so they can pay back more spots. The 450 lift rule is his idea he wants, he was meeting with CRA and Salem to get the rules in order. We should know something within a week or two. My car will be delivered at the end of next week, so I can start the suspension. Then we are going to mount the body and get things rolling on it. I will be setting it up at HMP to get things going on it, but the taking it to Kentucky with a different setup. I have scratched my plans of going to a modified, so I can dedicate my time to this car. Will post more as it comes available.

Thanks for the update. If you have time, I think a lot of us would be interested in some pics as you go along prepping for the race.

"Do you think they made Money???

One-hundred-seventeen drivers registered for the event, 89 arrived at the track and 69 emerged from tech inspection and a two-hour practice to form the largest starting grid in the eight-year history of Kentucky Speedway that was set by blind draw.

The official race attendance was 6,216."

"Front Gate would have been $124.320.. based on average concession of $6.50/person that's $40,000 and then pit revenue would have been about $12,000. Total estimated income (not including parking) is $175,000.00"

I found this while googling the race. Just my opinion, but the $25K purse was much too low. With a gate of $124,320, the purse should have been half of that or $62,160. That would have allowed for the $10K first place, $5K for second, $3K for 3rd and $2K for 4th. And what was left would have paid the rest over $650 each. The track should have been ok with a mere $110 take on the first street stock race.

With the indication that 99 cars will start this year, that would be a little less than $450 each for 95 cars with the same payout for 1-4.

Again, I am not in charge, but that's what I would do if I was.

I called the shop this morning, it is Tri States Shop and they said Frank and Bill would not be in anymore. They are at their new shop and don't have a phone yet. They also said that Frank and Bill's mom was in the hospital, so it may be a little bit till they call me back, but they are answering all their messages. I need to ask them about how much fuel we will run in the race so I can see what size fuel cell to run, and what fuel we can run so i can see what motor I can run. Anyone know if we can run 93 octane pump gas on a 12-1 compression motor at 5500 rpm?

Archived