TH250 help

DirtRacer9s

We run a th250 in our car in 1st gear. Usually after some beating or hitting the rumble strip on the apron it shifts into second, but it will shift back into 1st in the corners. I would think that if it popped into 2nd it would not downshift back into 1st because it should be locked in 2nd. Can anyone give me some advice on what they think is happening? We can't get it to stay in 1st and we end up loosing ground in the race from it. We have switched to a different shifter, it used to be the column shifter and now we have a camaro shifter on the floorboard. Any help would be great....

We run a th250 in our car in 1st gear. Usually after some beating or hitting the rumble strip on the apron it shifts into second, but it will shift back into 1st in the corners. I would think that if it popped into 2nd it would not downshift back into 1st because it should be locked in 2nd. Can anyone give me some advice on what they think is happening? We can't get it to stay in 1st and we end up loosing ground in the race from it. We have switched to a different shifter, it used to be the column shifter and now we have a camaro shifter on the floorboard. Any help would be great....

Take out the governor gear and remove all the teeth. That's what I did with a TH400, TH350 amd TH200.

Don

I-Stock 51 from Austin

Archived