CC SPEEDWAY CLASSES

ratdaddy

I am looking for a little feedback on what everyone would like to see at CCS. What are your ideas on improving the classes? Bumping the Bomber class to purestocks? Rule changes? Rule enforcement? We need some input for the 2008 racing season. This is some of the areas that will be discussed at the Nov. 11 meeting. There are going to be some changes and we want it to be in the best interest for everyone so please keep this request reasonable and realistic. Thank you all for your support.

I THINK THE THUNDERS NEED TO RACE ONE TIRE .....AND RUN 8 INCH TIRES ..THIS 7/1-2 TIRES ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND ..PLUS I BET SOME OF THOSE TIRES ARE OVER THAT ...OK POEPLE GO AHEAD AND JUMP MY BONES ..BUT IT USE TO BE THAT WAY AND MAKES IT MORE EVEN ..EXCEPT FWD WHICH NEEDS SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO SLOW THEM DOWN ..NOW GB WILL GET ME ..SO WHAT ...

Ratdaddy, I don't know much but for one give all classes our racing tires back, two, bringing all touring series back. I can remember all the stands pretty full and alot of good real racing action. I know alot of people may not agree but the stands and car count don't lie. I still have alot of people ask me what happened to those pretty and fast late models. I think maybe even our own limited late models would work around here. I hope you all give it some deep thought alot of San Antonio racecars are still around waiting for something to happen, and others. Good luck with track next year I for one will be there finally.

I have thought about this so here goes.

First the track needs to make a commitment to the racers that it will be open for a full season,whatever that season might be.It is also important to remember that most of the racers work long hours at their jobs so cars that require lots of maintanence are questionable.Also remember that most Sat note racers are family people so the cost of the regular car is to be considered.The thing CC has over the dirt tracks is if you dont wreck or squeeze your engine too hard you can run all year without a big budget or time investment.

For classes,you need an entry class for V8 cars,weather it be called bombers or street stock with empathess on cost efective rules.Make a car that can run week to week without a lot of time and money.

You also need a racing class of cars like Super Street for those with the resourses to maintain a real race car.I like the SS class but a couple of things could be improved,like tubular upper A arms for cost effective repairs and a better tire,not necessarly a full out race tire but maybe a re-cap Towel City 8" or 10" that lasts forever.Or a race tire.Its up to those running this class to decide.The top class should be cost effective too,like aftermarket heads that are affordable and ready available rather than those outdated camelhumps that take forever to prepair and cost more in the ling run.And definately do not let those converted modifieds run in this class,it has ruined hobbies at 2 tracks now.

If you were so inclined you could add an open wheel car but I would go to the Sport mods rather than the regular mods.The regular mods are going the way of late models,pricing themselves out of the South Texas market place.Many mods,and fender car drivers are going to this type of car.Use the IMCA rule book so the cars are not one of a kind.

And of course the Thunder class.CC has been the one track that has ALWAYS made 4 cyl racers feel as important as the top v8 cars and for many of nites when the v8 car count was low,we have put on a show.

It is important to be able to get started on a limited budget and also have an oppourtunity to advance a car to the winning position.A place where a person can get experience and also get the respect from the fellow racers.Every car is important part of our show.We help develop new racers.If a Thunder car gets too expensive then a new team will go to another type of car.The claim rule was for this reason and is used only when a car is out of place.

Minis are getting harder to find doner cars so its time to find a way to get the modern cars involved.Will and Todd showed they can be competetive in stock form.We need to find a way to help the automatic cars be competetive,maybe with better tires like the recaps.The automatic trans takes so much power and are so heavy they need help.There are millions of automatic 4 cyl cars out there that would make great thunder cars both American and Foreign.Increasing car count should take importance over personal desires.

Add all this with traveling series like Legacy and Dwarf cars and a big show occasionally and the racing card is full.Most of all dont go down the same old path od diminishing returns tha has every track in dire straights.Add more events on non racing nites to pay the bills and make profit.Make this an outdoor arena.Something should be happening on Friday nite,Saturday nite and Sunday afternoon.Otherwise all we are going to hear is how the track cant make money,the racers have to pay the bills and we cant styay open.Baloney,get the place more active.Everybody is always looking for something to do.They should be asking"I wonder whats going on at CC Speedway tonight or this afternoon?" Sell them tickets,sell that food,sell that beer.This should be a full time job.And it could be.

Thanks for the imput everyone, [even you OT] keep it coming!!!!!!! The 11th will be here before you know it.

YEA YOUR FUNNY ..KEEP IT UP ..JUST KEEP IT UP ..AND. AND. HECK ILL FIGURE THAT ONE OUT LATER ...MY OTHER IDEAL some i thought up some i stole ...IS WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER MORE IN GETTING THE FANS OUT ..AND A FEW MORE CARS ..MAYBE LOAD UP CARS AT XMAS AND DELIVER FOOD OR SOMETHING ..GET WITH HEB OR WALMART AND GET A FOOD BANK GOING ..OR TOYS OR DONATIONS .OR OR .. AND HAVE THE NEWS REPORT TIME AND PLACE AND DATE ...... GET SOME COOK OFFS GOING AT THE TRACK ..ALONG WITH THOSE CAR CLUBS AND SUCH ....

Archived