Safety issue #1

rebelracewriter

I believe the methanol we are sold does not have the problem with fire visibility during the day time. I know the Indy cars have that problem but I do not believe we run methanol that is as pure as what the Indy cars run. I believe there is enough moisture or trash in ours that we can see it burn. Somebody from VP or another fuel supplier could probably answer better than I can.

Having a battery in between the fuel cell and rear bumper is, to me, a recipe for disaster.

Ya think? I can't imagine any tech man would allow a car to pass safety tech with the battery mounted between the fuel cell and rear bumper. That is simply insane.

Possible solutions; contain the battery in a plastic/marine-type box to eliminate the possibility of shorting off any metal.

Relocation of the battery. I may be incorrect, but isn’t the IMCA rule “inside the frame?” That leaves quite a bit of space open. There are devices available for external charging ports/posts that could be placed outside on the car far enough away from the fuel cell.

Check this out -- http://www.solarseller.com/battery_termina..._protectors.htm

Stay the course Reb.

I run the aircraft style cap, it has worked good, have not had a problem with getting it locked on at all, it is a really tight seal and sometimes difficult to remove if it has sat a while, and working on planes this is the only style I care to have, it shouldn't get torn off in a crash either since it is flush.

I run the aircraft style cap, it has worked good, have not had a problem with getting it locked on at all, it is a really tight seal and sometimes difficult to remove if it has sat a while, and working on planes this is the only style I care to have, it shouldn't get torn off in a crash either since it is flush.

WE HAVE THE SAME TYP ... IT IS HARD TOGET OFF SOME TIMES ..WORKS GREAT ..

Archived