Serious thoughts on safety

vl racing

I heard about this tragic accident this past monday and I have been thinking about it ever since. I couldnt help but wonder how it affected all of us that race here at Texana, and would like for all that race to read this artical and see if there are some things you might do a little different on your cars/track for this coming season.

Victor

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/...-what-he-loved/

just happen to do some google-ing and happened to stumble on this site... REALLY reasonable systems and read through the site, and they are usuer refillable... gonna contact them and see exactly what chemical is used... they say it's for race cars, but will it put out race fuel... if it does, this may be a super buy!! $250 compatred to $400+ for non-user refillable....

http://www.firecharger.com/

also would like to know who/if anyone runs this particular system???

-Shawn

• 2 months later...

This is AFFF Foam in this product. It will put out just about anything. It blankets the fire to take away the oxygen. To have fire you need 4 things, a FUEL (paper, wood, gas, anything that burns), HEAT, OXYGEN, & an IGNITION SOURCE. If you take any one of these away, you no longer have a fire. This system takes away the oxygen. Excellent buy. Very Safe for the driver. I plan on getting one myself. Glad you put this here because it was gonna cost me aroun $500.00. This is better than halon or dry chemical because it will not injure the driver. Halon depletes oxygen causing the driver to have a hard time breathing. Dry Agent extinquishers have a powder that causes you to itch & if sucked down could create a breathing hazard as well as a hazard of getting in the eyes hampering escape. Believe me, I have over 12 years fire fighting experience & many many schools @ Texas A & M under my belt as well as teach fire extinguisher courses.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE UPCOMING SEASON !!! :D

Archived