Casey Claims his 2nd Alabama Championship in 2 weeks

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Casey Smith Claims His Second Alabama Championship in Two Weeks

Austin, TX (October 22, 2007) - Texas invader Casey Smith has been making a name for himself in the racing world throughout the season, especially over the last two weeks. It also happens to be a name fans in Alabama have started cheering for and why not? Casey claimed his second Alabama super late model track championship in the last two weeks in dominating fashion by taking home the $9,950 payday and being crowned the 2007 South Alabama Speedway Viper series champion.

Still fresh from being crowned the Mobile International Speedway Miller-Lite Super Late Model champion just one week ago, Casey picked up right where he left off. Smith won the pole on Saturday setting the fast time for the 200 lap event but then on Sunday the race director made the change to have the top seven in the field draw for their overall starting position due to a low car count. With very little luck on his side Casey drew the number six spot delegating him to the third row outside to take the green flag.

A little change in race procedure didn't faze Casey one bit as he took the lead on lap thirteen and held on to it for the next 187 circuits around the 4/10 mile asphalt oval. With the dominating win Smith took home the hardware for both the Alabama 200 and the Viper series championship trophy not to mention a new ARP body, four free tires to any super late model event, and a guaranteed top ten starting spot in the 32nd running of the “The Rattler” held annually at South Alabama Speedway the first weekend in March.

“This is how we wanted to be celebrating last week, win the race and the championship on the same night but like they say, some things in life are worth waiting for and this sure feels good right now! I just have to thank all the fans this year for their support; they have been great to me here in the state of Alabama and especially back home in Texas. I want to thank my parents for all their support, and my sponsors, Gary Buchanan Custom Homes, BES Equipment Sales, and Rapid Disposal for all their help this season. I definitely couldn't have done this without them,” said Casey with excitement.

Smith’s celebration may be short lived as he will now turn his attention to the All-American 400 race weekend at the Music City Motorplex in Nashville, Tennessee which kicks off November 3rd and 4th.

For all the latest news on Texas native Casey Smith and his 2007 season progress be sure to visit his website at www.caseysmithracing.com

post-3-1193083542_thumb.jpg

Archived