Casey Smith Is Awesome

Congratulations to Casey Smith on winning the Alabama 200 today 10/21 at South Alabama Speedway. That was an awesome performance. I don't think it would have made any difference if he had started a half a lap behind everyone else he would have still won. That is some more Alabama money he can take back to Texas...........Good luck to Casey at the AA 400 up at Nashville in a couple of weeks.

Thanks MM he was sure happy! When he went to the pay window - by the time they calculated the laps lead, how many cars he lapped, 1/2 way leader, fast time, and I don't know what else - he took away $9,500 CASH It was a great week-end and he is very well aware of his fans and supporters. You and Vir are very special to him - See you in Nashville in a couple of weeks,

Even though they made him start in 6th position, it was just a technicality. Casey owns Opp and MIS. Glenn was walking on Cloud 9, as well he should be. I heard next year they may make him start a lap down to be fair to the other racers. Maybe they better make it 2 laps. Looking forward to seeing him run at Nashville.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:38 pm Post subject: Cottonmouth 100 / Alabama 200 Results 10/20 & 10/21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro Late Model Viper Series

“Cottonmouth 100”

Pos Car Driver Laps

1. #10 Duwayne Middlebrooks 100

2. #5 Donald Crocker 100

3. #16 David Hodges 100

4. #16 Andy Pugh 100

5. #44 Michael Pope 100

6. #84 Mike Alexander 100

7. #20 Bill Bethea III 100

8. #47 Trey Mitchell 100

9. #42 Tony Clark 100

10. #51 Wyatt Webb 100

11. #80 Allen Alexander 99

12. #22 Scott Spivey 99

13. #50 John May 97

14. #10 Johanna Long 96

15. #46 Ronnie Joiner 95

16. #4 Chase Knox 90

17. #12 Gregory Tallent II 80

18. #33 Joey Watkins 77

19. #21 Tyler Caton 58

20. #26 Bubba Pollard 51

21. #45 Justin Cruise 48

22. #81 Brandon Odom 32

23. #18 Ronnie Sanders 26

24. #115 Lloyd Alexander 26

25. #9 Eric Wallace 3

26. #17 Sam “Shanky” Smith 0

27. #39 Jamie Ater 0

28. #1 Brandon Parker 0

Super Late Model Viper Series

“Alabama 200”

Pos Car Driver Laps

1. #99 Casey Smith 200

2. #93 Ryan Sieg 200

3. #82 Grant Enfinger 200

4. #92 Jason Hogan 200

5. #73 Korey Ruble 199

6. #49 Stanley Smith 198

7. #9 Kurt Jett 197

8. #89 Lee Hansard 196

9. #16 Bubba Pollard 195

10. #33 Richard Fincher 120

11. #16 David Hodges 100

12. #71 Johnny Brazier 81

13. #24 Eddie Gainey 45

14. #80 Jeff Morgan 3

Is the #71 Johnny Brazier the dude that won the Snowball Derby last year?

Trey Mitchell tends to downplay his own efforts. The "Cottonmouth 100" was his third race in a late model after racing only Legacys and Modifieds for the past three years.

Not a bad run for the kid after setting the fastest qualifying lap and finishing fifth in his second late model race, about a month ago at Opp.

After reading 51sports trackside report last Friday night on the Pensacola Race and Winchester last Sunday- I think half of the southern guys got wiped out at those races - probably couldn't get it together for this one - Then again they might be tired of Casey kicking their behinds - I think he won all 4 events in that series

Race Dude - I think you hit it as far as car getting torn up

Augie Grill - was there but not with his car - because it got torn up in Winchester

Chris Davidson - Broke a motor

Donald Long - was there with his daugther in the PLM but his car was torn up last Fri

Ken McFarland - Car got torn up last Friday

Heath Hindman - Broke a motor last week-end

Josh Hamner - Car got torn up last Friday

Hunter Robbins - Had a best friend that Mom died in a house fire

Ryan Crane - I have no idea why he wasn't there - I know he got wrecked last week-end

Dale Little - Wrecked last week-end

Stephan Davis - Wrecked last week-end

Brian Scott - Ran Winchester so I am sure is getting ready for Nashville

It is a shame that the Dykes did not have the same car count as the "Rattler" They are wonderful people and have a great facility - Below is what Casey won: I bet nezt year people will save their stuff for this race

Casey Smith won $9,950 this weekend. He won $7500 to win the race, $200 for the pole, and $10 for EACH lap he led- he led a total of 185 laps!

I figured more cars would show up for Sunday's race. It was a very boring show. I'm happy the pro late models weren't saving their cars for something special. 31 pros and 13 supers!! Congrats to Casey and crew...car was flying. I don't recall seeing anybody other than Casey pass faster cars on the outside all weekend. It was very impressive. I guess super late models are hurting in other places than just here.

It is a shame that the Dykes did not have the same car count as the "Rattler" They are wonderful people and have a great facility - Below is what Casey won: I bet nezt year people will save their stuff for this race

Casey Smith won $9,950 this weekend. He won $7500 to win the race, $200 for the pole, and $10 for EACH lap he led- he led a total of 185 laps!

Add the free entry to next years Rattler and that put Casey over the 10,000 mark for the weekend. Probably cost him less that 3000 for everything for the weekend. Less than that if you take away 1 set of new tires they did a mock qualifying run on. Not a bad weekend.

As far as the drawing starting positions, I asked Casey Saturday about drawing the top 7 and he said he didn't care. We were even trying to work a bonus out to go to the rear. The odds of the top 2 qualifiers drawing the 6 and 7 pills are unbelievable. We appreciate the mature manner that Casey and Grant Enfinger handled the situation. At least it added a little excitement for about the first 16 laps. There was still some decent racing for 2nd on back. It didn't change the outcome at all.

Too many big events and too many cars not ready is all that I can think of that hurt the car count. You had a Blizzard race that started 28 and finished 9 cars, the Wincester 400. Now you have the AA 400, the Mason Dixon Meltdown and the Derby all coming up in the next month. This is our first year for the 200, but it definitely won't be the last. As with the Rattler, we realize great things don't happen overnight and John and Sandra Dykes and all of us at South Alabama are here for the long haul. We appreciate everyone that races with us.

Paul Willoughby

South Alabama Speedway

334-651-0535

Archived