Classes and Rule Changes

vl racing

I have had several conversations with different people who are in the middle of building cars for next season, but cannot continue because of rumors that certain classes will be changed or deleted. Waiting till the last minute to post something on the track web site is a really bad idea. Inquiring minds want to know...soon.

Now don’t start yelling at me, I am just the messenger with the questions, I can run my limited anywhere, Its the bomber and super stock guys/gals that have questions.

Talked to Bruce on Friday and he advised that if they have any changes to any rules in any class, those would be ironed out before the banquet on Dec. 8th. I can squash one rumor and that was concerning adding a new class. There are no plans to add an additional class.

Gary, we are meeting with the Southern Late Model Stock guys while we are at the Grand to discuss the potential for the Texana Supers and the Late Model Stocks being able to run together on a more routine basis. Would be good for both groups with regard to class count and make for some good shows

Stephan, The only significant difference right now between the STS Hobby's and the Texana Super's is the tires. The I37 Supers and the Texana Supers are pretty much line with each other. I think one of the biggest challenges is the distance between the tracks.

It is always exciting to learn of new cars being readied during the off season for any track. If anyone is working on a car and has a specific question, they can send an email to info@texanaracewaypark.org

Racing with the Southern lates theses last couple of weekends have been fun and would be nice if the rules can be worked out .Combine more cars to make a better show, I have told them alot about the track and the fans there. hope it goes well and i will be rooting for you guys at the grand(good luck) and have fun

Hey Monte thanks for the info. I am glad that at least that class can go back and forth between tracks, thats good. However the Pures and Street Stocks cant, not that many would take advantage of it. I know we would with either car espicially on the bigger events. Anyways thanks again for the info.

Archived