Races tonight (Tues, 9/18 @ 8:00 PM) FAST TRACKS

Wanted to remind everyone that the 1st ever Tuesday night races will kick off tomorrow night at 8:00 P.M. at FAST TRACKS. 400CC Winged Outlaw cage karts on a oval slick track. 1st place pays $250, trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd. We supply the karts you just arrive and drive! Show up before 7:30 to sign up the night of the race.

LOCATION: Just North of New Braunfels on I 35, Watson lane exit #195.

www.texasfasttracks.com

(We hope to have the Texas Speed Zone outlaw kart done by then!!)

We went out there Saturday before the races at TR. Had a blast. The fast road course style track was really fun. I ran that track like three times, my kids ran it a couple of times, and even got my wife to run it once. We all had a lot of fun there, which really put us in the mood to head up and watch the races at THR.

I ran the “slick” in the winged carts once, and it was great. "Slick" is an understatement. I will not be able to make it out there tonight, but wish I could... it will be as much fun watching this one as it will be to race it. Looking forward to reading the outcome and everyone's thoughts about it here tomorrow!! Have fun!!

LETS FIND OUT WHOS BETTER, DIRT DRIVERS OR THE PAVMENT DRIVERS ON A SLICK TRACK, WILL BE THERE TO WATCH THIS TONIGHT, NEXT WEEK WILL BE THERE TO RACE.

I think the dirt races will definitely have the advantage here initially. I ran this track on Saturday and it and it reminded me of a very slick dirt track with way too much air in all four tires, but without the ruts :P .

However, I think that once the asphalt drivers get some practice (more may be needed for some than for others) they will be competing for the win. This track will definitely help an inexperienced driver to learn car control...

How'd it go.

Archived