Casey Smith ready for CRA SLM event

For Immediate Release:

512-923-0752

cgsracing@aol.com

www.caseysmithracing.com

Casey Smith Pre-Race Notes - O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis

(Austin, Texas) September 17, 2007 – Relaxed and confident, Casey Smith and the #99 Gary Buchanan Custom Homes/Rapid Disposal Team will unload at The Inaugural Circle Track Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis, on September 22 for the CRA Super Late Model Event 100.

Notes & Quotes:

"The confidence level of this team is very high. After coming off a win at South Alabama Speedway, we were off for a weekend and everyone had the time to savor our win, and prepare for “Indy" said Casey Smith. “I have experience at ORP, it is a fun track, I made two starts there in the ASA Series (2003-2004), my best finish was 12th, but we had our back up motor in that night and I was down on horsepower. I think this will be a great race for us, we are bringing the same car that I have four wins in this year.”

EVENT INFORMATION – Event: The Inaugural Circle Track Nationals

Time and Date:

8:30 p.m. EDT, Saturday, September 22

O’Reilly Raceway Park, Indianapolis

Qualifying: 7 p.m. EDT, Friday, September 21

O’Reilly Raceway Park (ORP) is short-track racing at its best. The .686-mile oval is home to some of the best side-by-side racing.

Purse: $10,000.00 to the Winner

Starting Field: 32 cars

Dave Argabright – National Speed Sport News Writes:

Some years ago I was fortunate to cover a lot of ASA racing. The competition was intense, and it was a big part of my lifelong love affair with short track racing. Alas, ASA went away a few years ago, and I still feel a tremendous sense of loss. Glenn Luckett and R.J. Scott had already launched CRA by that time, and the series has now evolved into a strong entity with an ever-growing following. They will bring a lot of quality cars to ORP, and I know the racing will be great.

QUICK NOTES:

- Casey has claimed four (SLM) feature wins and 6 top-five finishes in eleven starts in 2007.

- Remarkable at the age of 22 years old, Casey has 17 years of racing experience under his belt

- Casey began racing quarter midgets at age 5.

- In 1997 Casey won the Quarter Midget Grand National Title in Syracuse, New York

- 1999 Legends Car National Points Champion (Semi-Pro Division)

- 2000 Legends Car National Asphalt Championship (Pro Division)

Racing Divisions:

- Quarter Midgets

- Legends (Semi Pro & Pro Division)

- Super Late Models

- NASCAR Southeast Series

- American Speed Association

Casey I hope you go up there and dominate the way you do in Alabama - Make us Texan's proud - Good Luck, you are having a great year.

I noticed that there is some talk of quarter midgets on this board - who all on this board raced quarter midgets when Casey started? maybe share some photo's of his first quarter midget would be cool, or stories about him when he first got started - did he dominate then too?

In Casey's pre-race report I took a small quote from Dave Argabrite's column this past week-end in speed sport news. It speaks volumes about the future of short track racing. Support the events that you love, wherever they may be because without it, they may not exist in the future.

Complete Article is linked

http://www.circletracknationals.com/1014071.html

Archived