WHAT WAS EVERY ONES TAKE ON LAST NIGHTS SHOW AT THR

Boerneracehounds50

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nice to race again (Thanks to dad pushing me to fix the car). I was glad to see the stands full of people. The THR staff and managment desirve a BIG THANK YOU for making this happen. I also would like to Thank Junior Medlock for the part that he let us use so we could race. We look forward to many more years of racing at THR.

Matthew Hodge

THR had a great night last night. The TSRS show that was great with a minimum of yellows and it was a great show to televise to our troops in IRAQ. I hope they enjoyed it. All the racing was excellent with some minor exceptions and I feel everyone went home happy. Again the Super Stocks were the top show but there were other classes close behind. Good car counts except for one class and it was even great to see a good field of trucks. :)

Great night just didn't like some of the EXTREMELY spread out restarts. I was wondering if there are cars bunched up getting ready to take the green and you are stuck behind someone way back (like a half a track back)can you pass to get up to the front guys so you don't take the green in turn 2. Or are you stuck where you are.

I'd go around him. They'll usually stay green anyways. Just make sure it's on the outside.

matt good to see you back at the track. i thought it was super cool that the races were being broadcast to iraq. i thought the whole independence theme was great but actually going above and beyond was awesome. appreciate the effort needed to pull that off and you all should be proud....

Even if its before the green. Like when the flagman gives you the one to go and the leader is already on the back stretch and the cars in front of you are just cruising in to turn one.

Nope, can't do it, but you'd sure want to, wouldn't you. Like I said in the other post, the field should be packed and set before they exit turn 2 on the one to go lap. This holding back stuff doesn't make sense. We saw it at SAS 2 years ago at Oktoberfast also, so THR is not the only place it happens.

ok heres my take pro's and cons' again no bashing here just some comments to inprove in some areas.

the pros were alot of racing for 15 dollars, great crowd and good car counts, the coolest deal was introducing the drivers from the big tractor trailer hauler, that was nascar style cool,at first I thought ok kids bike races here we go an hour we could have been racing, sitting in front in turn one and seeing the smiles on every kid weather training wheels or the big bikes was priceless, seeing the little 4 and 5 year olds faces it was worth the 15 bucks right there. great job Mary ann and crew,...... now the cons and only to improve on quality.........

First off too many classes for one night, even tho the street and grands were the best racing and the karts were damn fast and cool, just a few less classes, for a big show.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 9/16/07]

again these are minor things but people in the stand do catch and look at each other an say[edited out by Nick Holt, 9/16/07]

all in all a big thank you to THR for keeping racing alive and putting on a good show, clean up after a wreck was awsume, a fire truck about got T-boned when responding to a fire in the pits as the same time a car was going into the pits, could have been not pretty, just too long of a night to sit that long on bleaches, and why was the consession stand closed with 4 races left?????

also if you only have 9 or 10 cars reduce the laps on the feature accordingly,9 cars for 50 laps was not right, need to adjust how many cars you have 9 cars 20 laps 4 cars 10 laps

but like I said earier great time even tho the time and length and would go back again, [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/16/07]

i think the concession stand closed because they ran out of everything. i went to grab a soda and they were all out. all they had left at the one on the hill was water. and this was before the local classes took to the track. so they really must have had more folks than they thought they would have, and for the track that is a good thing. the night was a good one, very long but still fun to watch as a fan. there were only a few things that could be considered as negatives. the first thing is the 1/2 liter sodas for $2.00. if it is going to be $2.00 i would at least expect a 20 oz. the pro lm race was a lot too long. with that few of cars i would have dropped the length by almost half. probably would have ended up with more cars on the lead lap if it was shorter. some of the starts and restarts were ridiculous. the accordian crap is really unnecessary. it just tears up cars and draws out the race. with kids it is tough to stay that late. i think i pulled into my driveway at 2 am. i dont mind, but it is tough on the kids. all in all a great night of racing and thanks to all who make it possible.

TOO many classes for one night!!! We had some of our fans leave before our Thunder Feature. I enjoyed seeing the stands as full as they were, but that was just too damn long. I think we need to do something about the long yellow's, way to much going around and around. <_< Lenny66

Thunder Stock Race started @ 11:48pm and the Grand Stocks and NasKarts had yet to race. I think it was over around 1:07 am Sunday.

back in West Virginia a couple years back... We were at the track until 5am and they still had 2 mains left to run.. they just finished the C main for the modifieds... oh and there were only 2 classes, World of Outlaws and modifieds!! if memory servs me right, the raid delay was somewhere from 1 1/2 hrs to 2.... that was a LOOOONG night.

-Shawn

1am isn't bad for as big a show as it was. some of the dirt tracks up here run til 1:30 - 2:30 on weekly shows.

The last big show I ran up here my feature finished at 4:30AM and there was still 3 features to go. some of the guys in the last one said the sun was up when they started.

The good thing about it is that it isn't the norm. Sometimes it's gonna take a long time. Sometimes you have 2 billion rainouts and have to schedule a shistuff load of classes. Sometimes your track closes and your thankful you have a place to race. And sometimes Joe Aramendia takes all your money on coin flips til 6:30 a.m.......

Archived