Sammy Swindell Enters I-30 Speedway's 600 Nationals

rebelracewriter

Sammy Swindell Enters I-30 Speedway's 600 Nationals

Lonnie Wheatley, LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (September 12, 2007) – Sprint Car legend Sammy Swindell has visited victory lane at Little Rock's I-30 Speedway on nine occasions over the course of his storied career, including a triumph in the 1990 Short Track Nationals championship feature event.

But the Germantown, TN, ace will try to cash in on the biggest I-30 Speedway payday of his career when he competes in this weekend's Second Annual 600 Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires atop the high-banked, ¼-mile I-30 Speedway clay oval.

It was announced today that Swindell would take the wheel of a second entry provided by defending race winner Travis Senter, Jr., of Osceola, AR. Saturday night's finale of the 600 Nationals offers up a $10,000 winner's share.

Swindell's biggest take from I-30 Speedway thus far was his $6,500 Short Track Nationals victory in 1990. This year's 20th rendition of the Short Track Nationals pays out $20,000 to the winner.

Swindell's most recent action at I-30 Speedway in October of 2004 netted a Short Track Nationals preliminary feature win before finishing 13th in the finale.

Swindell will have his hands full this weekend when he straps into a 600cc Multi, as he'll take on well over 100 of the nation's top Micro Sprint shoes, each shooting for that $10,000 prize.

Following a test and tune practice session on Thursday night, September 13, two full nights of racing action will follow with the top six finishers in Friday night's 600 Nationals preliminary feature locked into Saturday night's $10,000-to-win finale. The balance of the field will start with a clean slate in the battle to fill out the 24-car starting field, with all starters collecting a minimum of $400.

All non-qualifiers will also collect $275 on Saturday night.

Also taking part in this year's version of the 600 Nationals will be the Horizon Mini Sprints Restricted "A" Class, with $1,000 earmarked for the winner.

Pertinent 600 Nationals Information:

What: Second Annual 600 Nationals presented by Hoosier Tires & I-30 Speedway

Where: I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, AR). I-30 Speedway is located seven miles southwest of Little Rock off I-30 Exit 126 (Alexander Road).

When: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, September 13-15, 2007. Practice starts at 6:00 p.m. on September 13; Full card on September 14 (gates open at 5:00 p.m., racing at 7:30 p.m.) with top 6 feature finishers in both the Multi and Horizon Mini-Sprint features locked into Saturday night finale; $10,000 to win the 600 Nationals finale on September 15 (gates open at 5:00 p.m., racing at 7:30 p.m.) with $400 to start the 600 Nationals championship feature.

Entry Info: Entries post-marked by September 8 are just $150. Entries submitted after the September 8 pre-entry deadline will be $250. Entries received via mail at 2900 Old Jacksonville Highway, North Little Rock, AR, 72118, that are postmarked September 8 or earlier will still be honored at the $150 pre-entry fee. Entry forms may be obtained at www.600nationals.com or by calling the track at 501-455-4567.

Entry fee for the Horizon Mini Sprints is just $30 with entries to be submitted to the same address or phone number above.

Format: A version of the Sprint Bandits popular format of heats and qualifying races will be in place for both nights of competition. Each night, Heat Races will be aligned according to the pre-race draw, with the passing points system in effect. A subsequent set of Last Chance Races followed by Qualifying Races, with passing points again in effect, will set each night's feature lineup.

The top six from Friday night's feature will run in Saturday night's "Sawyer Chassis Dash for Cash" to determine the alignment of the front three rows of the championship feature event. The Horizon Mini Sprints will also run a Dash for Cash on Saturday night to determine the alignment of the front three rows of the feature.

Other Awards: In addition to the Sawyer Dash for Cash, Sawyer Chassis will also raffle off a chassis. Keizer Wheels and a number of other suppliers will offer a vast array of contingencies as well.

For more information regarding the Second Annual 600 Nationals at I-30 Speedway, check the official website at www.600nationals.com or contact I-30 Speedway at 501-455-4567.

Archived