9-11-01

Truck99

Well, I know I can never forget it, this is my 8th wedding anniversary. And no, I am one who will never forget what happened that day and I will be one to knock out one of those conspiracy theorists that say it was planned by the president. This was an act of terror that hit us on our soil, and in protecting this from happening again, we must fight them on their soil. I say thank you to all the men and women over ther protecting my freedom, my right to race on Saturday night, and my right to walk down our streets and not be in fear of someone blowing me up. I will also always remember those who died in the most COWARDLY attack on our nation in History.

As a veteren of Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Whatever your political beliefs are, put them aside and say a prayer and keep these folks in your thoughts. We get up every morning to a safe home, our family and our workday. These folks are putting there lives on the line for us to be able to live in peace here in the United States. Remember that. Our presence over there is for peace over here, that may be hard to fathom or remember, but that is what I believe. And do not forget todays solemn date of 9-11-07. Lenny66

I WILL NEVER FORGET ... IM REMINDED EVERY DAY .. OUR MEN ARE FIGHTING THOSE SOB'S TODAY ..... AND KICKING BUTT ...... SALUTE ...... I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY'S THAT LOST LOVED ONES IN THOSE TOWERS AND AIRPLANES .. I CANT BEGIN TO FEEL THE HURT THEY HAVE FELT EVERY SINGLE DAY SENCE 9 '11 ... ... AND WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH TODAY .... ........

I will never forget, i tried to call my local radio station this morning to get the to play "have you forgotten by tim mcgraw at 9:30. Unfortunately I didn't get through. I woke up this worrying with a heavy heart, as I will every 9-11 I am alive. I will never forget 6 years ago, I was sound asleep about to get up to go to class, when my mom called and said "turn on the t.v. we are at war" and when I did the second plane it the second tower, it ripped a whole in my heart that will never fill.

God bless those lost, the families they left behind, our soldiers who fight to keep us safe, and every American!

where were you when the world stopped turning?

what a day, I was in fear that day and night like I have never been before. The vision will never leave my mind as long as I live.

it's a day to remember the ones that passed and honor those that served @ Ground Zero and in the Military; and most of all, love and appreciate the one's you care for, I think we all learned that day how quick life can change.

I too will never forget that day. I remember what I was doing. The hospital where Kevin was at was about to transfer him to Warm Springs. I remember Kevin watching the news. Even the hospital here stopped that day working. They all where in the rooms watching the TV.

Let all remember those that lost their lives that day. And those that have lost their lives for our freedom.

Never forget....9/11

God Bless,

Richard and Dorothy

That day is going to be burned in our souls until we meet our maker. We may not all have lost loved ones on that day or today fighting within our troups.....but I believe that day we ALL lost a piece of our hearts! No matter how big or small, a piece of our hearts were ripped from our chests. Today, I pray for the lost, the fighting and all who remain walking THE LAND OF THE FREE!

God Bless America

Today I was very honored and touched by his words when I received the following email from Albert R. Renteria, CWO-4 USMC (Ret.) the founder of OI...To all of Austin,

Your efforts pronounce the care of your community by providing them all a means to share their thoughts and if interested their written words to our brothers and sisters deployed.

I am in DC right now and I fly back to CA later today on 9/11 to honor those we lost, those that served and those that continue to serve. I will take with me this email and I hope you feel compelled to accept my flight as your flight for freedom. Thank you all so very much for defining the essence of OI. Al

Service never ends for a Marine! Semper Fi,

Albert R. Renteria, CWO-4 USMC (Ret.)

OI Founder

I hope each of you will join us this weekend when we honor our Military with OI @ THR, we pray for no rain as we have a great weekend of fun planned for all. Should it rain, we will race on Sunday @ noon, if at all possible. Keep this number handy to double check conditions before you head out 512.844.3582 or log on here and Nick will keep everyone up to date. If we can run on Saturday, we are going to, so please show your support, even if it is cloudy, grab a friend and come on out and lets show our respect to our Military! I will move this to another thread if anyone should want to comment on it, this thread should be kept for what it was intended for. God Bless all the families that lost their loved ones during 911 and those keeping each of us free!

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Naumann

Archived