Mary Ann Naumann

jracer98

I didn't want the following to get lost in the long posts.

I want race tracks to be financially successful. I suspect they aren't these days but selfishly speaking, the more successful they are as a business, the longer they will be there and open. I have raced at two tracks that closed. Funny thing, the racers that bitched about everything while the track was open COMPLAINED that the track failed...amazing? Not really.

I am certainly not anti THR. I am a very occasional racer (with a car that is still not straightened out) that you and your staff treat like the best team that ever pulled thru the back gate.

My thoughts were only offered in the spirit of increasing car count. Nobody wants race tracks to be more financially successful than I do.

It is my guess that you and H are keeping THR open in the red. Thanks. I appreciate your passion but understand that it can't last unless "something" changes...those "somethings" are the possibilities I am asking racers to think about.

Jay

Mary Ann Naumann is the best female to hit the Texas auto racing scene since it started many years ago.

I first met Mary Ann in 1968 at Pan American Speedway. We have been close friends since then.

She has done everything in asphalt racing from crewing on Jake's #9, track queen at Austin Speed-O-Rama and Texas World Speedway, a driver at Longhorn Speedway and Thunder Hill Raceway where she became the track manager and is now the Owner/Promoter/Race Director.

Mary Ann Naumann is a great lady who Texas auto racing needs very much at this time while facing it's critical future years.

Mary Ann, keep on doing your best work my friend.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

I didn't want the following to get lost in the long posts.
Thank you, maybe your tick tock hit a nerve. I do not want this to turn into a thread to stroke MAN or bash, LOL, thank you for taking the time to try to clarify to me your intent from the other post.

I am certainly not anti THR. I am a very occasional racer (with a car that is still not straightened out) that you and your staff treat like the best team that ever pulled thru the back gate.
Thank you, we want each of our racers to feel this way, because that is how we feel when you choose THR!

It is my guess that you and H are keeping THR open in the red.
H is my biggest fan and supporter of my passion for racing, his love for racing is his race car, certainly not all the hours he puts in for me helping to keep the track looking presentable and running, what most people do not want to believe is I hold the lease on the racetrack and I am the one that must worry if it is paying its way, he just has to put up with me when I stress over it, LOL, I would think worry comes with most every business from time to time.

It has been a pretty good season, although the rainouts have made it more difficult, but all and all, a good season. Do I take a salary home? No, so certainly not a great season, LOL, but as many hours as I put into it, it is my sport and what I love as with many fine staff members that do the same and I might add, I could not do it without my H's support, love and all the hard work he does, along with the members of the THR Management Team, staff, officials and most important, you the racers and race fans!

I have no complaints on car counts and I truly appreciate everyone that comes to put on some of the best stock car racing around.

I appreciate your input Jay and look forward to seeing you soon.

Neil, thank you for your compliments, I have learned a lot from you over the many years of our friendship, which I cherish.

MAN,

Thank you, maybe your tick tock hit a nerve.

Tick tock, baby is something Sonny Crockett used to say on Miami Vice. I always thought it was cool. It meant somebody or something was running out of time.

The "Tick tock, baby" post WAS meant to hit a nerve...but not exclusively yours. I see today's Texas pavement racing situation as a racers AND tracks problem . Nether one of those groups can have a problem without it affecting the other. We're married.

"Something" has to change or we're all done. The dinosaurs didn't change with the times. How did that work out for them?

This is a "we" thing. It's not a "you" thing.

Hang in there.

Jay

Archived