Suspension Seminar set for Kyle

NickHolt

I'm looking forward to conducting my annual suspension seminar this off-season at Houston Motorsports Park (Thanks Graham!) in November and December and at Thunderhill Raceway (Thanks Mary Ann!) in January and February. The actual dates are:

Houston Motorsports Park:

November 13 7-10 p.m.

November 20 7-10 p.m.

November 27 7-10 p.m.

December 4 7-10 p.m.

December 11 7-10 p.m.

[On Edit: We recently completed the Houston Seminar - a lot of sharp folks attended this one. Judging from the course evealuations they turned in, they all got a lot out of the course]

Thunderhill Raceway:

January 17 7-10 p.m.

January 24 7-10 p.m.

January 31 7-10 p.m.

February 7 7-10 p.m.

February 14 7-10 p.m.

This five-week seminar takes an in-depth look the suspension principles and chassis components that give a race car "long legs." This is not one of those half-day seminars that get you there to sell you their gimmick or program or some other "trick of the week."

We study all of the important suspension engineering principles and tie all of them together into one understandable package.

You may know what a roll center is, but when we're done you will understand how the roll centers work together with the rest of the car. You may have heard of roll couple distribution, but you will come away with a real understanding of how your suspension springs actually work to handle weight transfer over the roll axis. Sound complicated to you? Well, fear not. I explain everything in plain, simple language that racers understand - and any math we use is explained fully. And for the truly math impaired, I hand out an easy computer program that takes care of the math for you!

Not only that, but you'll receive over 80 pages of printed class notes that you can study on your own.

If you've ever thought you might want to learn a lot more about suspension geometry, spring selection, roll centers, weight transfer, shock principles, and a whole lot more, this seminar is for you. I will be posting a flyer this week that has a registration form.

[On Edit: I have attached the registration form to this post.]

To download the registration form, click here >>> SEMINAR_FlyerTHR_2008.pdf

These seminars always fill up and I limit the class size, so it might be wise to let me know you are coming so I can save you a spot.

I'm not going to list everyone who has ever attended my seminars over the past 23 years, but here are some folks who have attended that you might know. Ask a couple of them whether they thought it was worthwhile. Be careful, though... some of them may try to tell you it sucks just so you won't know what they know after you attend! LOL

Chase Stapp

Jamie Fuller

Trey Mitchell

Keith Garrett

Chad Malin

Bubba Menard

Chad Menard

Paul Costas

Joe Aramendia

Duane Toyne

Aaron Brungot

Doug Ayers

Doug Lege

Dennis Lege

Joe Mixon

Joe Napoleon

Terry Tschoerner

Chris Schild

Teddy Schild

Mike Knotts

Bob Slezinsky

Jim Creech

Jerry Dechert

Ken Neal

Curtis Drosche

Jamie Garner

Mona Turner

Bubba Naumann

Robert Walton

Tommy Gural

Tator Mason

Leland Waddell

Anthony Jetter

Lloyd Hart

Gary Ison

Jason Ray

Mike Balzer

Vernon Burk

Hubert Bean

Keith MacFarland

Eddie Bierschwale

Harlon Covert

Jack Foy

Bob Riley

Todd Farris

Nick

post-3-1198007815_thumb.jpg

Can I use my Nick Holt Scholarship for this seminar??? I am going to see if I can come up with the money, but I gotta pay my TIRE bill first. I don't think I can get my tire sponsor to pay for it for me. Mark me down for it, but I will let you know next month if I can't come up with the money.

P.S. If I can't make it, how much for the notes?

Can I use my Nick Holt Scholarship for this seminar??? I am going to see if I can come up with the money, but I gotta pay my TIRE bill first. I don't think I can get my tire sponsor to pay for it for me. Mark me down for it, but I will let you know next month if I can't come up with the money.

P.S. If I can't make it, how much for the notes?

Pay the tire bill first if you must, but you will save over $300 in tires next season with the information you obtain in this seminar. Think of it this way. You pay $400, or more, for tires so you can go faster for a few laps. You take the seminar and you go faster forever. Note: If you don't go faster after taking this seminar, you didn't pay attention or you were too lazy, busy, pre-occuppied with Hooters girls, etc., to put what you learned into your ride.

$1,000 for the notes. But, be advised that certain key information is not included in the notes... Sorry.

The reason I keep the classes small is so I can keep track of who is getting the information and who needs some individual help mastering some of the more difficult concepts. The seminar is not a piece of cake. Many people take the seminar more than once and report that they actually got more out of it the second time around - after they've had a year to digest and apply much of the information.

In fact, I do have a deal for anyone taking the seminar for the third time - the third time's free. And I have had one student who took the course five times. And several have utilized the "3rd time free" deal.

Nick

Mr. Persistent.. LOL

I'm sorry, but the seminar is $300.

Oh wait. I'll make you a deal. You pay my gas (five round trips between Houston and San Antonio) and motel (about $85 a night for the five nights I will be spending the night in Houston) and you can attend for free!

Good call, right?

Nick

You can stay in my Apartment complex, will make one ready for you!!! And I will send you some gas cards in the mail to pay for your fuel!!! hehehe. I am messin with you Nick. I have heard many good things about your seminar and I am planning on attending. I will FIND the money to do so. The seminar will be at the track, right?? Put me on your list, I will be there??

Well worth the money.

Have to agree with Chase on this, the class covers alot of valuable info; and Aaron is right, finish the class before you start tearing the car apart. Oh, you can expect a few homework assignments as well. For those second quessers, Nick does an excellent job teaching, explaining, answering questions, etc.

Archived