CORPUS CHRISTI SPEEDWAY INC.

Racingpurplelady

Oldtimer, I doubt you will see the Yokum's open the track next year. They were doing all they could to stick their neck out and keep it open this year. They almost had to close down early, but kept it going for the drivers. Then the you know what happened.

The only way I see it being opened is if somebody steps in and foots the bill, leases the place, or buys it outright.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a contract? I wondered why you guys didn't record a new deed at the courthouse. Its like ground hog day but way worse. I37??? CCS??? next?

Put dirt on it and run it Fridays next year until football starts. Guaranteed to have more cars and people in the stands than this year. Work with the entire pool of racers in the Corpus area. That is what will make the track work. Hell even Terry Labonte's son has moved over to dirt.

i have an idea nick can by the track he"s got plenty of money and judging by his editing on here he has plenty of time...lol how about it nick.........the N.C.C.S.S..................nicks corpus christi super speedway :D

Would the top class be cars with Nick's chassis? :)

Unfortunately, No... As many of you know, an ample supply of methane gas is required to manufacture the Lighter Than Air Chassis which was originally designed to run on invisible race tracks like the four NASCAR quality tracks that Donald Teague was going to build in Texas.

While there have been many who have invested the small sum of $20,000 to obtain the latest Lighter Than Air design in the past, the supply of methane needed to build this extrodinary chassis has suddenly been cut off, leaving me no choice but to suspend further production until a new supply of methane has been located.

Nick

OK,now with Nicks permission I will re-state my advice to ALL the CC racers like my.The track is closed.Dont burry your head in the sand.You have 3 other tracks to race on,one only a couple of miles away,so adjust those suspensions for the track of your choice and get back to the business of racing.You might ave got a black eye but your not killed.With Edna which IS running this weekend that makes 4 choices to race at.STS,THR,RGS,and Edna.

Any Thunder driver that needs advice on car setup for dirt can contact me and I will be glad to help.Maybe with enough cars at STS Owen can up the purse a little.In any case you guys have prooven you have the right stuff so dont waste it.Remember,a track is real estate but the people make it REAL.Keep going guys.Big races comming-2 big races at Thunder Hill,one at STS and another at RGS. Getterdone.

With the presidential campaigns already in full swing, I think any shortage of hot air and bs will soon be a surplus.

Political campaigns produce inferior quality methane (no offense, Johnny). You wouldn't want me to be making an inferior product, right?

I only use the genuine, certified... well, you get the idea.

Nick

how about we just delete any and all threads that reference j&s or this whole issue with them and start over fresh and forget they even existed.

All for deleting the threads, but unfortunately, we won't be able to forget they existed. B)

With the presidential campaigns already in full swing, I think any shortage of hot air and bs will soon be a surplus.

Political campaigns produce inferior quality methane (no offense, Johnny). You wouldn't want me to be making an inferior product, right?

Nick

I will place the quality of my methane against anybody's :lol:

It is a shame things have gone down as they did.But you know every track hits bottom from time to time.Not long ago STS was at rock bottom.But with the right people it has made a grand return.This can happen at CCMS as well. Labonte Speedway does have a nice ring to it,doesn't it?! I'm sure there are folks out there with the desire and KNOWLEDGE to revive this historic track.I would willing to bet the Yocum's don't want to see it turned into a salvage yard or anything else either. You know some of the best CCMS salesmen might be the longtime fans , drivers and car owners.

Labonte Speedway does have a nice ring to it,doesn't it?!

I just had a picture of..... Terry Labonte, Slick Yomens, Billy Hardcastle, James Miclechek (The Bear), Rick Rapp, Jarret Rollins, Dub Rollins, All the Flannagan brothers..... (An All-star Race)

I'D BUY THAT TICKET!

Lil' Afternoon Delight :)

how about we just delete any and all threads that reference j&s or this whole issue with them and start over fresh and forget they even existed.

THAT WOULD BE LETTING THEM OFF TO EASY ..BOUNCEING A CHECK IS ONE THING ... CHARGES THAT YOUR BANK HAD NO PROBLEM CHARGEING YOU IS ANOTHER .. THEY GET THIER MONEY ..WHY SHOULD YOU LET THEM OFF ..

Dont delete the J & S post , they maybe able to do this to another track if peaple dont know. The internet is suppose to be the information highway , get the information out there about who and what happened. If its fact and not false accusations you cant get in trouble. Dont let others be taken in by this Group.

I have a question by know it will be edited so I cant ask it.

Hope someone opens back up CCS , there isalot of history there , alot of us started there.

Labonte Speedway does have a nice ring to it,doesn't it?!

I just had a picture of..... Terry Labonte, Slick Yomens, Billy Hardcastle, James Miclechek (The Bear), Rick Rapp, Jarret Rollins, Dub Rollins, All the Flannagan brothers..... (An All-star Race)

I'D BUY THAT TICKET!

Lil' Afternoon Delight :)

A ticket I would buy as well. Dub Rollins was my favorite driver as a kid growing up. Unfortunately he passed away years ago.

i'm all for that,,,,,,in fact i would say this is good news because would anybody have really wanted to run there next year otherwise? hopefully someone will come along (a little more on the level from the start) and it will all work out. it'll be hard not to think everybody is a snake right now though.

i'll forget about 'em but something tells me they're not through. kinda like beer baked beans with jalepenoes the next day.

Hey this is a good thing, they obviously were not the right people for the job! They could have run the place into the ground after several months pissing everyone off to the point of no return. This track still has potential for someone to come in and take over. It sucks the drivers got screwed but stop all this sorry stuff and everyone start promoting how good this track once was and could still be. Somebody out there is reading this, has the money and is deciding if they should or shouldnt at this very moment give it a try! Give em a reason to open. Put these J&S [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/7/07] behind you and look forward to the new promoter/owner. It will happen if you want it too. Good Luck....

Try The drunken goat, Nick....!! Geez do I have come up with all the ideas here? LMAO

oldtimer....I told you to get that fork ready!!!!

Archived