CORPUS CHRISTI SPEEDWAY INC.

Racingpurplelady

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very sad chapter in the history of Corpus Christi Speedway indeed. Hopefully something good will come out of this mess.

The Yocums have done more than their share to keep asphalt racing in South Texas alive. May God bless this family for all their hard work and dedication on behalf of all of us folks who need our racing fix.

But it's time for someone with a sound financial background and a true love of the sport to step up and make this place live up to it's unlimited potential.

Nick

I am sorry to hear that too. Everyone beware of future scams!

On the other hand, if we all stay on a heightened "scam alert mode," people with a legitimate business plan to revive the speedway may be hesitant to step up knowing they will not be receiving the benefit of our support.

I think we have all learned from this unfortunate experience, but perhaps an even greater lesson is that asphalt race tracks are no longer a "given" in Texas. Counting CC and Wichita Falls, there are only four such tracks remaining. The concept that if we build a race car, someone is obligated to provide us a place to race is history.

SO Shelma never purchased the track? Was this the same as I-37, media coverage and all when it was never purchased?

Whatever contractual agreements were in place at either I-37 and CC Speedway are for the parties involved to know and for us to wonder about.

But going back and re-roasting Shelma Walton and James Beasley is not gong to do any of us any good whatsoever.

Nick

Sorry. Carol, I know you & Donnie have done everything possible from your end to make this work. I appreciate the TRUST your family has developed with us racers thru the years. When you make a statement it has CREDIBILITY, something sadly lacking at this point with your "buyers". Hopefully things will work out for you & all the RACERS in the area who love CCS .

I know my family is still willing to help any way we can to help the track recover. THANKS for keeping us 'in the loop' by making this announcement. At least now I can tell all the people who keep asking about the track something definitive. Again, SORRY, I know y'all got jerked around worse than the rest of us. Hope to see you soon under better circumstances.

On another note, anybody know how to contact Tony Stewart or Ken Shrader? I hear the Yocums' have a track to sell!

I think Texas Terry will be an option. A few years back, he looked at buying a local dirt track, but never did. He is now retired, his home track is shut down, what an oppurtunity. Labonte Speedway!!!! That alone would attract drivers and fans from all over. Legendary

Texas Terry waving the Green Flag at the newly repaved speedway for the Grand Re-Opening in 2008.

Of course it is wishful thinking, but it is not far fetched. I know he wants to buy a track and he has the money to do it.

Thanks to the vast majority of you for keeping this thread as postitive as possible under the circumstances.

Of course, as you might expect, I have removed a few posts.

Just the thought of Terry Labonte purchasing CC Speedway gives me goose bumps!

Nick

Thanks to the vast majority of you for keeping this thread as postitive as possible under the circumstances.

Of course, as you might expect, I have removed a few posts.

Just the thought of Terry Labonte purchasing CC Speedway gives me goose bumps!

Nick

YEP NICK THAT DOES GIVE ME GOOSE BUMPS .. EXCEPT THE THOUGHT THAT TERRY WOULD ASK YOU TO RUN IT ..THAT TOOK IT OUT THEN ...JK ... ... MY WIFE WORKED FOR YOU WHEN YOU HAD SAS ... SHE SAID YOU WERE ONE OF THE NICEST ONES TO WORK FOR .. SO WHAT DO YOU SAY HUH ......

that is definitely sad news. sorry to all the folks who got taken for a ride [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/7/07] it is a shame for all of the folks who called ccms their home track. hopefully someone will buy the track and get it going again. at least ya'll have that option. unfortunately sas didnt have that option. just a bad year for texas local asphalt racing

On the other hand, if we all stay on a heightened "scam alert mode," people with a legitimate business plan to revive the speedway may be hesitant to step up knowing they will not be receiving the benefit of our support.

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. IF THEY ARE GENUINE, TRUE, AND HAVE THE BACKING THEY SAY THEY HAVE I THINK TALK WOULDN'T BOTHER THEM........ LET'S HOPE ANYWAY. BUT IT WILL BE HARD TO TRUST ANY ONE. MAKES IT HARD FOR BOTH.

i have an idea nick can by the track he"s got plenty of money and judging by his editing on here he has plenty of time...lol how about it nick.........the N.C.C.S.S..................nicks corpus christi super speedway :D

You know I'm just rolling in money from all I make here at Texas Speed Zone. LOL...

But that name just has to go... I'd much rather see it named TLCCS - "Terry Labonte's Corpus Christi Speedway."

Nick

Archived