Best Bad night for Flipper 13T

1st night at The Mountain Raceway Park & Fairgrounds as a driver , Tammy & I were talking on the way to the track about how 1 of MY dreams was about to come true. Since our 1st visit to the track back in 2000 , Ive wanted to race there. I would unload my Grey an Purple Mazda MX 6 (with the LARGEST 13T ever made) with a smile from ear to ear. Several drivers came over and lent a hand changing tires and giving advice , (fwd racers are a close group). Thanks Guys , it ment more to me than I could express.

Well here is where the story book fantasy ends. After coming back from the stands (set up camera for Tammy) My right front was flat , dang just bought it today. We changed the tire ,but wasnt the size we actually need to run. Well we hot lap , oooooo (goosebumps) Im smiling ear to ear again , the dream is still alive. Lined up for heat 1 , inside second row , oooooo (butterflys). Grean Drops & Dream is real , come out of 2 in 3rd , dive into 3 passing for 2nd ooooo , when it feels like the brakes lock up (uh oh) what the "blank" , caution comes out , car still runs , maybe I caught a rut. Ignorance ....is.... bliss. Green Falls again , something is wrong , Im getting beat on , Im just in the way , move out of the grove let them go. Im confused , car runs but when I let up seems like brakes are on , I check the emergency brake , nope its not up. Check my switches , nope there on. ?????? just dumb fonded. Race is over , didnt get lapped but was a full straight away behind 1st car infront of me. Now I climb out of the car no smile , alot of smoke coming from Right front , I try to remove the freakin hot tire ,busted 1 stud trying to get lug off. I stopped and waited for Wayne Lewis #9s , ask him what he thought , I didnt like his answer , wheel bearings. Yep strike #2. Well you know they come in 3's , Tammy comes to the pits says camera broke (must of got a shot of my ugly mug). I tinker with it , nope its done. See it comes in 3's. I hope!

Well this story is a long way of saying thanks to the Peaple Who made my Dream come true.

1st Tammy , your the greatest , I know when I bought this car (didnt ask or tell her) you gave me that look (your sleeping on the couch). But you were right there helping getting it ready. After our 1st night @ Wartburg and our 4th place finish , I think you were as happy as I was. Thanks for supporting my mid life criss.

2nd Kevin Coffey and his Family , my dream was dead till yall stepped up and reopened The Mountain (Smoky). I still believe you have the hardest jobs in the world , but I appriciate all the hard work behind the scenes and on race night you have to deal with ( us grown up children) and with a smile on your faces. Thank you for making it possible to make my dream come true.

3rd Brian McDaniel , bud what can I say , you called me on a tuesday after we blew the ol smoky motor , and told me you had been driving my new motor all day and to come by and pick it up. WOW , what can 1 say ,(its gonna sound mushy) but after hitting The Mountain tonight for the 1st time , "thank you" for making my dream of racing the mountain real.

4th Wayne Lewis & Murray thank you for swaping those motors , with out yall tonight also wouldnt have been possible either , maybe next time I can race against you both instead of pulling out after 1 lap. Like I said fwd drivers are a close nit group.

Also wanna thank , GOD

Sounds like a Bad night , why do I feel so Good? Yes , Dreams do come true.

Brother-in-law i've know you for 21yrs (it's been that long)! :o . Racing is in your blood, i can't believe it took you this long to get back in a car. I know what it means for you to race again, and I can't believe you didn't tell Tammy! If Tammy didn't love racing as much as you, you would have been sleeping in the race car and not on the couch. Hi Tammy! It's good to hear that you are racing again, need more pictures.

Good Luck

Your sister-in-law

Archived