mayfield is in big trouble

REBELRACER

from jayski.com

Mayfield's team expects 'big penalties' from infraction: Joe Lax, crew chief for Jeremy Mayfield's #36 Toyota, is expecting a significant penalty after his team got caught putting illegal weight in the car. In pre-qualifying inspection Friday at California Speedway, Mayfield's Bill Davis Racing car was found to have too much camber in the rear end. The team fixed the problem, which requires taking a blowtorch to the rear of the car, and went back through the inspection line, but the car was found to be too light on the right side. Then, in a moment of desperation, a team member stuck a piece of lead inside the water bottle to add the extra weight. But NASCAR discovered the illegal trick, which is considered tampering with the car.(SceneDaily.com)(9-1-2007)

what idiots

now i see this as another over governing by nascar if he gets penalized

laugh it off as good try..not a sole was hurt by the mistake, none lost because of it. he didnt qualify as a result of it.it was harmless....fix the problem and go racin.

i could give 2 hotts and a hollar for Jeremy ...but to penalize him would be rediculous

now i see this as another over governing by nascar if he gets penalized

laugh it off as good try..not a sole was hurt by the mistake, none lost because of it. he didnt qualify as a result of it.it was harmless....fix the problem and go racin.

i could give 2 hotts and a hollar for Jeremy ...but to penalize him would be rediculous

A "mistake" is something done unintentionally. I don't think this would fit into that category. Nor do I think enforcing the rules is a bad thing.

there are many kinds of mitskes...those physical only those done in haste and those that arent thought through...this seems to be a mistake in haste and use of bad judgement

i guarantee you that the team realizes they could have never made it through tech ,light..so it was an obvious error

if it is pre race or pre qualify..just make them fix it and go on..if it was post race or post qualify then some sort of sanctions are necessary

the rules are a good thing of course..just use a little common sense when applying them.

Could it be that,because only a few teams now dominate the series,we have the teams on the outside thinking "cheat or close the shop"?

Don't kid yourself they are all cheating,the good ones just aint getting caught!!!!It's been going on since the begining of racing and i'm sure it will be around at the end. ;)

Archived