emergency MY LIFE and YOURS

nellie88

Big life emergencies usually come from taking things for granted. San Antonio racers took SAS for granted, never saw the track closing coming. Now the same thing has happened in CC. As racers we should support the remaining tracks to keep their doors open. CC minis are always welcome with TPS or at STS. This will look like a small deal if more tracks can not keep the doors open and there is no place for anyone to race at.

Quit crying over spilled milk and do whatever it takes to get your car, your buddies car or OT's cars to a race track. Get friends and family out to watch this week, not next week. JMO

so why havent you brought your car down to cc ..dirt or asphault ..here you are talking aboult getting our cars out to the dirt ..dont forget we did .. and to let you know jessie and i worked all the way up to 6 oclock .trying to get back brake hose on his .car ..just to go play ...drivers from tps always ask the local to come up and race with them ..but never comeing down here ..we have supported tps and will in the future .. so why not bring your car ..ie .cars ..no bash not mad ..just like to know ... dont tell me its tires ..dirt you can run any old tire ...we did .one other thing you havent tried to get ot's cars up there this year ..well maybe you did ..dont remember ..im oldtimer right ..chuckle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thumper is going to race dirt tomorrow weather permitting.

I have seen this kind of thing many times in my 37 years of racing.Nothing lasts forever.All you can do is look for the next deal.I try not to look back on what was but look foreward to whats to come.One thing is for certain,racing takes everything you have if you want success but gives back very little.The only thing that makes it worthwile is the good times you have and the friends you make along the way.

Thunder guys,it was an honor to be a part of your life.All of you guys.Every person brings a unick ingerident to the whole deal.Dont give up on yourselves,find another race.It was not the track that made it special,it was all of you.Though you may have been shorted of closure,be proud of what you have accomplished.No one can take that away.Everybody improved all year.Now go find the next race.A track is just real estate without people.Think we will get paid???

My post was not directed at any one in particular, but everyone who wants racing to survive. I support my series, my 3 cars have been to every TPS race for years.(32 now) If TPS gets booked anywhere, my cars will be there. GB is on the right track, nothing lasts forever, keep looking forward. Best way to keep from feeling old.

Thumper is going to race dirt tomorrow weather permitting.

I have seen this kind of thing many times in my 37 years of racing.Nothing lasts forever.All you can do is look for the next deal.I try not to look back on what was but look foreward to whats to come.One thing is for certain,racing takes everything you have if you want success but gives back very little.The only thing that makes it worthwile is the good times you have and the friends you make along the way.

Thunder guys,it was an honor to be a part of your life.All of you guys.Every person brings a unick ingerident to the whole deal.Dont give up on yourselves,find another race.It was not the track that made it special,it was all of you.Though you may have been shorted of closure,be proud of what you have accomplished.No one can take that away.Everybody improved all year.Now go find the next race.A track is just real estate without people.Think we will get paid???

Very well put GB,,,,,,thanks for all your help for the last two years,,,,, the bug has been alot a fun ,,,,,you have help on gettin it faster,,,,,BUT why did you tell me I needed to put 500 lb in the bug to make it faster ,,,,,I was thinkin it will slow me down but GB knows best, :lol::lol::lol:

Well RGS called off the races for tonight.I just spent all nite and half the day converting to dirt.Guess thumper will go to sleep for a while.Thought about the Pro Sedan race but dont think I can fund that trip after the hole in my budget.Guess I will get out the old Kawasaki KZ1100 and see if I can still ride.Rain never stopped a biker.Happy Labor Day everybody.

maybe i'll drive, NOT. I don't think bubba wants to build another car :lol:

tell bubba just bring a big check book and he can buy one ready ...just add driver and go ..let him know i did not find any pulleys he needed ..maybe lalo has some. ..........LALO he is looking for .a crank and matching water pump pulley for his 2.3 ..triple or double typ ...he is going to run an alternator .......

Hooligan,

The awesome thing about DIRT is that being as we are rained out I will head to McCallen. If it rains out then theres Edna...........and so on. Hell, Pleasanton runs tonight. Most dirt tracks also have the same rules or somewhat close. All IMCA divisions are the same rules. Where are you racing this weekend? Don't knock the dirt till you try it. I ran CCS for a few years but found dirt more appealing after only one night. You guys really need to think about your future if you plan to continue racing. Not knocking asphalt, just a reallity check so to speak.

DIRT RACER FOR LIFE!

All the problems with the asphalt tracks is the dirt racer have taken over the sport and elimated a place to race .Cant race without a track SAS ROADRUNNER WOOKIE 81

Guest Top Dog Graphix

ou81too,

That has got to be the dumbest excuse for the lack of interest in asphalt racing I have ever seen. There wouldn't have been asphalt racing without dirt racing. SAS closed because of the location, and Toyota. I'm not one to sip the koolaid or to jump on the TD bandwagon, but I truly believe he did all he could, and more then he should have on property he didn't even own. If CC closes down, someone will pick up the ashes and start over, but don't blame the dirt racers for the lack of racers on the asphalt. I am glad the SAS racers that have tried the dirt have stayed at I-37, maybe you should try it instead of looking at your "asphalt car" And quit placing blame on something you haven't tried yet. -- Dirt Racer with an "asphalt car"

Hooligan,

The awesome thing about DIRT is that being as we are rained out I will head to McCallen. If it rains out then theres Edna...........and so on. Hell, Pleasanton runs tonight. Most dirt tracks also have the same rules or somewhat close. All IMCA divisions are the same rules. Where are you racing this weekend? Don't knock the dirt till you try it. I ran CCS for a few years but found dirt more appealing after only one night. You guys really need to think about your future if you plan to continue racing. Not knocking asphalt, just a reallity check so to speak.

DIRT RACER FOR LIFE!

All the problems with the asphalt tracks is the dirt racer have taken over the sport and elimated a place to race .Cant race without a track SAS ROADRUNNER WOOKIE 81

Why not bring it to Kyle?

Crew Chief 99,

Because you can only pass on the outside there and the Wookie likes to pass on the inside.

I have video of 3 wide racing coming to the finish @ THR the last Thunder Stock race up there. So, so much for that idea. Not to mention the move the 44 put on in turn 2 the last TSRS race.

Not saying it doesnt exist at times during a race and of all the asphalt racing I have seen this area is better then most including cc and sas. However just your average dirt track has excitement occuring on most features throughout. But of course we get alot dirtier then the hard top guys including our fans. So see not everything is perfect!

before don got sick ..he had a good car count and good fan support ... then they rented the track out to the doctor ... owen ran the track but the doctor cocked an attitude and bounced some checks and i believe he really held down owen ..so last year owen opened up sts ..in the mean time the yocums had to do all that legal stuff just to get it back ..so that left cc closed for quite some time ..and alot of asphault drivers went to dirt .. no where else to race ..and now they have there cars set up and going ..and that leaves cc short on cars ..carrol did what she could to get this track opened ,and don jr put in the hours aswell .. and along come's shelma . and you know the rest of the story ..... cc has never been in this shape before ..and hopefuly shelma if she hangs on to the track .will get some really in the know poeple .like she had already and stand back and let them get this show going again .......i could be wrong but i think cc is the oldest track ....

I have video of 3 wide racing coming to the finish @ THR the last Thunder Stock race up there. So, so much for that idea. Not to mention the move the 44 put on in turn 2 the last TSRS race.

Jody,

Stop confusing people with the facts. Everyone KNOWS that THR is a one-groove track whether they've raced there or not... LOL

I've watched Shawn Paul Lehman pass many people and win using the outside groove at THR and in more than one type of car/truck. And Mark "I'll race it if it's got at least one wheel" Chrudimsky can pass a super late model on the outside driving a dump truck.. Well.. you know what I mean if you've ever watched "Wild Man" Chrudimsky race everything from school busses to modifieds.

And drivers like Tommy Gural, Cary Stapp and a host of others have earned "clean driver" reputations using the outside groove and still win races and championships. Of course, one has to understand suspension engineering and weight transfer in order to pull that off, but, hey, that's one of the things that's fun about asphalt racing.

I cut my racing teeth on the dirt (asphalt hadn't been invented way back then) and will always consider dirt my favorite type of racing to watch and it's about 100 times more fun to drive, so don't be telling me I don't know about dirt.

Nick

Good call Danielsen Motorsports, Nick and Oldtimer

On another site today an open wheel fan blamed nascar for robbing open wheel of all it's good drivers. Good races can be seen on both dirt and pavement, with fendered cars and with open wheel. As previously mentioned, with a good car count, it's all good. With short fields races can still be good, but just not as likely.

Archived