City of Kyle

abrungot

From News8Austin: http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_sto...asp?ArID=191084

Kyle seeking input from residents

8/29/2007 7:13 PM

By: News 8 Austin Staff

The City of Kyle wants people in their community to weigh in on what they want for the future of their city.

Kyle is working on updating their comprehensive plan and want as much input as possible.

The city is taking suggestions at public meetings and on a newly created online forum.

City leaders hope people who are unable to go to meetings will take the time to post their ideas on the site.

"Being that it affects everyone we're really interested in trying to get as much input as possible into what people would like to see," Kyle Assistant City Manager James Earp said.

The city hopes that the online comments lead to discussion and new ideas for the growing city. The forum is located at the city's website.

One thing that the track is not.. is inside the city limits of Kyle..

I know they have been looking at annex'n it... causing an increase of sales tax the track must charge taking $ out of MA's pocket...

But would ANNEX give the city of Kyle a interest in the growth of THR...

Maybe Tax breaks for so long to grow by so much..

Aaron, I strongly suggest we approach this subject matter very delicately, with a LOT of forethought put into anything that is posted on that site. The LAST thing we need to get started is a war of words on that site between Kyle citizens and THR racing people. If that should happen THR will lose, I promise you. Anybody who posts, remember BE NICE!

Any interaction with the city of Kyle really should be handled from Mary Ann.

I just think we should keep tabs on this area as the City of Kyle makes this plan...

THR unfriendly actions would require action.. i am just thinking of what happen to SAS!!

<_< Careful, Just remember what happened to SAS, the city got involved and we lost our track. :angry:

I know this is an old issue, but it still hurts to know we lost a fine facility for racing :( The latest thing to chap my a$$, the city wants money to renovate the shed where the Spurs play. Should have leveled the Freeman Coliseum and built a new race track right there, commercial zone, lot's of industrial parks around. plenty of parking!!! Great spot for a 1/2 or 3/4 mile track. Close to I-35. Damn, daydreaming again.

Let's support Kyle all we can racers, we are running out of local playgrounds. Lenny66 B)

As many of you know ,my wife Gladys has been a member of the Kyle Chamber of Commerce for years and has been in the banking community of Kyle for the last 10 years. The city of Kyle as we all know is not a real fan of the track and they don't like a lot of change. I think there is a lot that can be gained if the city and the track can work togather on issues but i agree, this can be a very delicate subject with both parties. I think this subject should be left up to the people at hand and who are involved in the community. one wrong move or word can start a landslide. keep that in mind.

:D Just an FYI, I joined in on the forum that the city of Kyle has posted on their website. The response I received was positve towards the track. One council member stated that they would like to see more amenities put up around that area, restaurants, stores, RV camping grounds around the track. To me that sounds very supportive of the track. Hopefully with some City support and backing we can keep our Saturday night racing going on. Feel free to post your opinions on the City website forum page, it can't hurt. ;) Lenny66 B)

Archived