Unfortunately, Prayers Needed

Lonesome Ford

Stopped by this evening and was able to see Frank for a few minutes. John Sr and his wife were there, and it made for a very nice visit.

For all he has been through the last two days, Frank looked very good. His vitals were good while we were there.

Lets continue to keep Frank and the entire Kelly family in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom

*reposted in part from a post in the I-37 Speedway Forum on 9-1*

The Kelly Family is still in need of all your prayers for our family member Frank Kelly (Uncle to Patrick Kelly # 84 super stock) & Jason Kelly # 57 (pure stock) & John Kelly Jr. Brother to Pat Kelly Sr.,(#64 pure stock) John Kelly Sr.& Robert Kelly. Frankie is still in the intensive care unit in critical condition. We do want to thank everyone for their prayers that helped get him thru his operation wed night. Please keep Frank's wife Sondra and their young son Kevin in your prayers also. -michelle84

-Jr

Frankie was having issues with his kidneys, and he has been placed on dialysis. According to the nurse, it is a setback that can be expected based on the trauma he has been through.

He is still in ICU, but is mentally alert, and recognizes visitors.

He has a long way to go in his recovery, and we should all keep the entire Kelly family in our thoughts and prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it has been a little while since I have updated everyone on Frank's condition. He is recovering slowly from the surgery; however has had some complications along the way. He has an infection which to the best of my knowledge the doctors still haven't figured out. His kidneys have not responded and he has been put on dialysis which is working, so at least that's some sort of a positive in that situation. They have started periodic breathing "trials" to see how he is progressing with breathing on his own. That is going ok, slow, but ok. He's making progress which is good but has a long long road to recovery.

I have started a donation account to help with hospital costs which have topped $300k. The donations are handled through PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to donate, you can also use your debit or credit card or even an online bank transfer. I have posted the secure links on my websites including www.JrKellyEnt.com . Any and all help will be greatly appreciated and your continued prayers are graciously accepted.

Also in the works is a day-long benefit including Lunch & Dinner BBQ Plates, Silent Auction, Raffle, Door Prizes, DJs, & live bands. More information will be forthcoming in the near future. We are looking at the 1st weekend in Nov. (Sat. 3rd) as of right now. If anyone might want to lend a helping hand in any way, please PM me here or call us at the Kelly Roofing office: 210-532-7100. Thanks again, from my family to all of you our extended racing family.

John Jr.

the only problem with that date is that is opening morning for deer season. but let us know more about the bar-b-que plates when you get more info. we will keep him in our prayers. he has been a friend of our family for as long as i can remember and your dad too for that matter. we all pray for his speedy recovery

the only problem with that date is that is opening morning for deer season. but let us know more about the bar-b-que plates when you get more info. we will keep him in our prayers. he has been a friend of our family for as long as i can remember and your dad too for that matter. we all pray for his speedy recovery

I hear ya, but better to go up against the opening weekend of deer season than the Thanksgiving / Christmas seasons. I'll post updates as they are available.

I spoke with Arthur Alexander last Thursday, THR is in! We can have it at the track or we can help wherever your family would prefer it. Might think about possibly one of the Friday evenings after our open Test-n-Tune before one of the last two dates of racing this season, just a thought. Let us know what we can do, the Kelly family has been an incredible racing family for as long as I can remember, God Bless you Frank, we are here for you and your family!

Archived