THUNDER STOCK

RobbinsSr

Here is the deal. I'm switch from dirt mini stocks to THR Thunder stocks next year.

I have a sponsor that is very willing to help me out because I will be running in their area now, But they are asking how much? meaning actual exspenses for the season. Being that I have not run asphalt before I'm not sure what to tell them. so any help ya'll can give I would apresiate.

Tires? how many races do they usally last? any info on stuff like that is what I need.

Thanks in advance. Eric

Eric, Do you have a car built or are you going to build one??? That's the first consideration for expense.

There are a few cars listed in the classifieds that are turnkey. There will be a few more going up for sale, that I now of at the end of the season. I would recommend checking out the "rules" first. The Thunder class is a little confusing at the moment as far as rules go. Hopefully the THR staff will have the rule issues resolved for next season. There are just a few races left in this sesaon, so if your looking to jump in full time for the 08, start doing your homework now. This may not have answered your question as far as an actual $$$ dollar amount, but it is good info to help you make your transition to the Thunders. Good Luck.

Lenny66 B)

If the car is set up well, right side tires will go 3 to 4 races. You may get 5 out of the LR, and the LF will go most of the season if you don't cut it or puncture it. Tires are $115 each.

You'll burn between 4 and 8 gallons of fuel in a night depending on how much you practice. I think it's $7 a gallon now, but you'd be wise to mix some 93 octane pump gas in with the 110 race fuel.

Pit passes are $25 per team member per night (no entry fee for the car.)

Archived