CC Speedway resignations

NickHolt

I have heard from a very reliable source close to the situation that both Rick Day and Debbie Williams have resigned their positions with Corpus Christi Speedway and J & S Racing Promotions.

Nick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard from a very reliable source close to the situation that both Rick Day and Debbie Williams have resigned their positions with Corpus Christi Speedway and J & S Racing Promotions.

Nick

I doubt anyone will be surprised. <_<

The only question now is if the Yocums will reopen the track or turn it into a parking lot. I'd like to see it it covered in dirt and run on Friday, but that's JMO. Sad to see J & S do this to such a historic track. Never met Rick but heard a lot of good remarks on his behalf from racers and promoters. Wish them both luck in there future.

sorry to hear that, both of you are class acts and i really enjoyed working with both of you at sas, man i wish we still had that place!!! drove by there the other day and there sure is alot of grass growing threw the track!!!

:( Stopped by the track couple of weeks ago, just to see what was or wasn't going on. It was so depressing to see the track fall into the state it has. What a damn shame, we could not finish out our 07 season. As for the housing complex that is supposedly going in across the road, didn't see much activity there either. Wonder if it has to do with the contaminated dirt from the quarry. Well City Council, Does it or not???

Sure do have a beautiful intersection with lights and the "Yellow Brick Road to Toyota". As much as I would love to have SAS open back up, it is just a grim reminder of the passing of another great venue Pan American Speedway. :( RIP. Lenny66 :ph34r:

Reference the latest resignations ... for short track asphalt racing to continue to exist in Texas ... we must keep our best management personnel on the job.

Rick Day and Debbie Williams are two of the best.

Sorry to read today's news.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

well now my optimistic mood went all to hell .. flattire its gone .. i hate to thinkl deb and rick are no longer with us at cc .heck i dont know if i am with cc under the new owner.s ... .... no pay for the 4th .... bounced checks .. . no track managers ... no annoucer ... and probably no cook.s .... all this kinda stinks .if you ask me ..we worked hard toget those cars ready to run under you two ..at this moment i dont care to even look at them .... unless some kind of mirical happens bad spelling ... and if something positive gets done soon .we will mothball the cars so to speak ..now we may be getting alot of i told you so ..this is not a bash ..this is frustration ...

In case anyone missed it, Rick and Debbie had pretty much turned San Antonio Speedway around when the speedway was suddenly and unexpectedly closed. Things were really looking up because all their hard work was beginning to pay off.

I know it is an especially difficult time for Rick since racing was his only source of income. And it wouldn't surprise me if his paycheck... well, I'm not going to speculate.

The point is that Rick doesn't deserve what he's going through right now. My prayer would be that THR or some other Texas track would find a way to get him on board. I know H and Mary Ann would LOVE to spend more time at their new home and less time worrying about all the details at the track --- well, maybe there's a win-win deal out there somewhere.

I know that's just wishful thinking, but it sure would be a shame to see Rick head back to Florida...

Nick

The only question now is if the Yocums will reopen the track or turn it into a parking lot. I'd like to see it it covered in dirt and run on Friday, but that's JMO. Sad to see J & S do this to such a historic track. Never met Rick but heard a lot of good remarks on his behalf from racers and promoters. Wish them both luck in there future.

"Covered in dirt?" Isn't there already a dirt track in the CC area? Do you think 3 paved tracks in the entire state are too many?

I understand everyone's disappointments with the situation, but covering it with dirt seems to be the wrong thing to do in my opinion.

I hear ya on the mowing the lawn situation at THR. Both H and Mary Ann are out there all the time putting blisters on their hands. Money is tight and it doesn't grow on trees. And H and Mary Ann made clear earlier in the year that they would LOVE to have Rick at THR, but the economics of the situation just made it impossible.

But, miricles do happen. I guess I'm just hoping for one right now.

Nick

Archived