Casey Smith to travel down I-10 for a double-header

For Immediate Release: Casey Smith Racing

cgsracing@aol.com

Austin, TX (August 28, 2007) - Labor Day, is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national honor to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Casey Smith, an energetic 22-year old that describes his life as “wide open” plans to make the most out of the holiday, doing what he loves – racing! Casey will race his Super Late Model two nights over the Labor Day weekend. Friday night at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florida and the next night at Mobile International Speedway (AL)

Casey has been out of the drivers seat since picking up his third win of the season at South Alabama Speedway on July 28th, the coming doubleheader weekend is something that he is really looking forward to.

“I'm ready” says Casey. “I own my own business, Rapid Disposal, we furnish roll-off containers to construction sites, about a year ago, I expanded to include a division for demolition, concrete, and site preparation. I work hard to pay for my racing and I work hard on my race cars, the reward for all my Labor of Love is racing and winning!”

Casey heads into the weekend leading the Miller-Lite Super Late Model Series points at Mobile, (AL) by 110 marks over former track champion Steven Davis. Casey has posted one-win and three top-three finishes in the Miller-Lite Super Late Model series this season. With two races remaining, Casey and his #99 team hope this Saturday nights race will inch him closer to a championship. “We are definitely gunning for the championship “ says Casey “My car is good enough to win the championship and that's what we're looking to do. You just have to go out there and do your normal deal. If you go out there points racing, then you're going to beat yourself. We're going there to try and win the race, but winning that championship against the stellar group of drivers contending for the title would make it even more special.” Casey expressed

“My Mom is a great supporter of my racing, she gets on the Internet racing sites, when she reads people writing that I am not fast at Five Flags, she gets all bent out of shape,” grins Casey. “Her famous words of wisdom she speaks to me twice a day, everyday are “Casey you need to get fast at Pensacola.” Without doubt I have had some tough luck at Five Flags, but everyone is allowed a bad race or two. She is coming with us this weekend, I am going with all my guns loaded for the win, I actually think we just need a little luck. A win Friday night in Pensacola would definitely settle her down and give me a big shot of encouragement before the Snowball Derby.”

With both tracks expected to attract some of the best Super Late Model teams in the Southeast, Casey predicts a great weekend of racing for the fans.

“With the Derby inching closer, it being a long holiday weekend, and racing action scheduled for both Friday and Saturday nights, the fans will get to see a full field of stellar entries, and some excellent short track racing action this weekend. We'll be sure to give them a show.”

The Blizzard Series race at Five Flags Speedway will take place on Friday night, August 31st. The Miller-Lite Super Late Model race at Mobile is scheduled for Saturday, September 1st.

For additional information on Casey visit his website at www.caseysmithracing.com.

Any Texas FANS going down like Texas Tom or Horsepower - since it is a long week-end and a double dipper?

I'd like to, but work is not cooperating. I am already after them for a day next month for the ASA Challenge/Modified race at Pcola. And they have not said either way about that.

But like Big said, Good luck to Casey, and the rest of the Texas contigent down there.

Archived