A few racing updates

Mary Ann Naumann

THR - this Thursday, 8-30, open test & tune, 4:00pm until dark. Tires & fuel will not be available, as most of us will be heading to Houston for TSRS-Late Models. If you need tires & fuel for Thursday, contact Jerry Spencer personally @ 512.784.1192.

Jerry will be in Houston for TSRS-LM this weekend.

TSRS-Late Models, Friday, 8-31, open test & tune @ Houston Motorsports Park, visit their website for full information www.houstonmotorsportspark.com. TSRS will run their second "07" HMP event this Saturday 9-1-07 in the 2nd annual "Papa New" 75. Points are tight for the TSRS-Late Model "07 Championship" we love going to Houston, great track and wonderful folks. Our hotel of choice is once again at the Holiday Inn Intercontinental @ 15222 JFK Blvd., 77032. (Beltway 8 & JFK) Reservations, call 281.449.2311 or 1.800. Holiday (1.800.4654329). Let them know you are needing the TSRS Racers Rates. FYI, they wanted to remind us, (if we park in the fire lanes or in prohibited parking areas the police will be called and the vehicles will be towed immediately) Now, they really enjoy us being there, but we must obey these policies. :D

Then, Saturday, September 15th, join Thunderhill Raceway for one of the biggest events of the year, when THR says thank you to our Military for all of their services! We will be running a tight ship for this event, with the rain-out from July 28th, we had to move that night of racing into the already scheduled events for the 9-15-07 event! There will be so much for the kids to see and do, the Military is participating in many ways along with the great representatives of Operation Interdependence! :rolleyes:

The raceday tentative schedule will be released on next Monday, September 3, racing action will include the live satellite broadcast to Iraq for the TSRS Late Models - "Operation Interdependence" 75, sponsored by (the Cody Smith Racing Team) along with the return of the Pro Late Models, Texas Trucks, Pro Modifieds - running the "ExpressJet" 50, (1,000.00 added to that purse, compliments of ExpressJet), A-Line Super Stocks, THR Thunder Stocks, Texas Pro Sedans, Lone Star Legacies, NASKARTS and the all exciting GRAND STOCKS!

JRA KIDS BIKE RACES (kids bring your bikes & helmets) and race on the racetrack, all kids welcome! DO NOT MISS THE 7:00 PM OPENING CEREMONY, honoring our Military, remember, if your Military and in uniform with ID, you get in free, without uniform, half price. We want the soldiers in Iraq to see the support of our Military from here, so, wear your uniform, plus we, THR & TSRS want to honor each of you! More information, visit www.thunderhillraceway.com If you would like the colorful poster created by Insty Prints, we can email it to you to print and put up @ your shop or work, if so, let me know by email @ maluvsracing@aol.com. Let me know if you need some mailed or delivered to you, we want to get these posted everywhere we can. I will have 50 posters in Houston this weekend, hope you will join us @ Houston this weekend! B)

Well, there is my update, hope I haven't forgotten anything, but I am sure if I have, someone will be kind enough to remind me, it is important information like this on this site that keeps us all up to date on what is going on in the racing world.

By the way, H & I went to Owen's track Saturday evening, STS, now, most of you know, I am all about asphalt, but those Modifieds about made me jump out of my seat! Owen, as always, you run a great show! Each class I saw had a minimum of 18 cars! You guys are doing something right, keep up the great work. ;)

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

Cooperation between tracks? Encouraging words about someone else's track and racers? What a nice concept. Maybe it'll be contagious! Wish I could be there!

Lucky161, Mary Ann and H went to CCS to watch their racers compete on Aug 4 and stopped by the pits to say hello to everyone. There's no question that they support their racers. It's nice to race for them.

By the way, this is not a round-about way to say anything bad about any other promoters. I'm sure there are other great ones out there as well.

Mary Ann - I am changing the dates from 8/23, 8/24 and 8/26 to 8/30, 8/31 and 9/3in your post above.

Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty to do so.

Nick

Thanks Nick, it was a Monday, LOL, your the best, I appreciate you taking care of that for me, now that is an edit I really don't mind, LOL. :) Thanks ss99, we were honored to be there supporting you guys and you all made us proud! ;)

Cooperation between tracks? Encouraging words about someone else's track and racers? What a nice concept. Maybe it'll be contagious! Wish I could be there!

Lucky161, Mary Ann and H went to CCS to watch their racers compete on Aug 4 and stopped by the pits to say hello to everyone. There's no question that they support their racers. It's nice to race for them.

By the way, this is not a round-about way to say anything bad about any other promoters. I'm sure there are other great ones out there as well.

I think and would hope that everyone took your comments and mine too in the spirit in which they were meant.

Archived