Best of Both World's?

Dawn

SPEED's Bob Dilner reported on Sunday's SPEED report that Robert Yates Racing has asked NASCAR if they could transfer the #38 to Hendrick Motorsports in 2008 for Dale Eanrhardt Jr. to use, the #3 in honor of his father, the late Dale Earnhardt, who ran the #3 [a few races in 1981 and then from 1984 until the 2001 Daytona 500 and won 6 of his 7 championships using #3] and the #8 of course is Dale Jr.'s car #8 since he came into the sport. No word what number David Gilliland would switch to, but RYR still has the license on the #28, last used in 2002 with Ricky Rudd and has used the #90 in the past

I hope NASCAR does the right thing here and says YES. Talk about CASHING in BIGTIME!!!

Hang on there Mike,There are some other scenerio's we need to look at here.He could go with 08 in the year 08 and after the year 08 he will probably be 0 for 8 at winning the championship, and the people with the 8 tattoos can just add a 0.It just make sense to go with the 08. :lol:

All kidding aside he needs to have the respect and I think he does to run the number 5 car for that is one of the first cars Rick Hendrick started with in Nascar.He's in the 8 car now and take away the 3 car leaves him in the 5 car.Time will tell.

howa bout just taking the # the team already has registered and then using the colors the sponsors want you to use......i know it's kinda 'out there in left field'......?

LORD! the damn grassy knoll didn't get this much discussion.

Archived