OK bashers, enough's enough already

rebelracewriter

Guys it's time to give it a break..........

We all know the bad news by now and continously beating the proverbial dead horse(sorry crazy) is doing no one any good anymore.

The $#!T is getting old. I'm not siding with J&S and what's wrong is wrong, but you're doing nothing to help your own track by the constant bashing. I know you don't look at it that way.....but it's true. THINK ABOUT IT!

Soon some of you may lose your posting priviledges.....and YES it is a priviledge, not your RIGHT. Public forum or not, it has rules to be followed.....PERIOD! So don't be surprised if that happens.

You can have the fun you want at the bashers site, whowon or wherever else you care to post.

This forum is supposed to be a positive thing, and provide valuable info for racers, teams, sponsors and fans. Some of y'all are losing touch with that. Many of you are my friends, that I consider part of my extended racing family.......and as your friend, I'm telling you......let it go!!!

It will all sort itself out soon, one way or the other.

You're right but if someone in the racing community does me wrong ( which hasn't happened yet) I will be on here letting everyone know about it. I will not comment on the J & S thing anymore but I do think anyone that has been wronged should be able to warn others.

Bruce, you certainly have a valid point, but 100 posts and hijacking other posts to get jabs in......has gotten old.........VERY OLD!

i agree ..im done ..flattire said i was optimistic ... i try to be .... do we dig a rose bush up cuz it thorned us ..nope we let it grow ...to turn into something colorfull ..... [ LET IT BE .]

Guys it's time to give it a break..........

We all know the bad news by now and continously beating the proverbial dead horse(sorry crazy) is doing no one any good anymore.

The $#!T is getting old. I know you don't look at it that way.....but it's true. THINK ABOUT IT!

Soon some of you may lose your posting priviledges.....and YES it is a priviledge, not your RIGHT. Public forum or not, it has rules to be followed.....PERIOD! So don't be surprised if that happens.

You can have the fun you want at the bashers site, whowon or wherever else you care to post.

This forum is supposed to be a positive thing, and provide valuable info for racers, teams, sponsors and fans. Some of y'all are losing touch with that. Many of you are my friends, that I consider part of my extended racing family.......and as your friend, I'm telling you......let it go!!!

It will all sort itself out soon, one way or the other.

I understand what you say about" This forum is supposed to be a positive thing, and provide valuable info for racers, teams, sponsors and fans ", and i have said very little about any of this but , i understand the frustrations that the drivers and teams are going thru about this, as i am one of them. Im not going to bash or talk down anybody but when you make a mistake you should fix it ASAP and not give excuses, also if you lose your credibility with the people that are here for you , then what. At this point in time i think i have learned a lesson as well.it will be awefully hard to get anymore out of town drivers to go back to CC speedway. Again , im not bashing , just stating facts. As far as losing my priviledges to post over something like this, seems trivial to me. its a fact that people are upset , and they should be allowed and able to talk about it. Also you said,"I'm not siding with J&S and what's wrong is wrong, but you're doing nothing to help your own track by the constant bashing." In most cases this had nothing to do with our home tracks , we were invited down to CCS to run. Im not saying that the bashing should continue, but the discussion should. Again , just my opinion.

Bruce, I was NOT insinuating that YOU, personally, made 100 posts about it.

Camo, I understand your frustration as well as everyone else's. Discussion is fine, but it always turns into bashing, there's the rub.

How does it affect your track.....let's say I'm a potential Austin/SA/CC area sponsor looking for a car to put my money in. Am I going to give it to someone that gets on a forum and talks $#!T(maybe about me one day) or someone that just keeps racing for the fun/love of the sport????? That's just one example off the top of my pointed head.

Y'all want to keep bashing......then don't be surprised if EVERYONE ends up different sites, because this one shuts down. Just some food for thought!!!

sorry reb........you and i disagree on this.

this site is 1st and foremost to be informative, that doesn't mean just be positive information.

if not for this site how many people would not know that checks are bouncing, people are not getting paid at all , while they are sending open invatations out to other drivers and series/groups? this site is valuable for that very reason.

it's not a bashing , nothing has been said that is untrue by anybody posting the so called 'negative comments' they are simply releasing information that i would find very useful if i were planning on running at CC anytime soon.

it's funny that it is the nondrivers as usual that have a problem with the situation,,,,,,,,and why the hell not , it wasn't the fans that paid to get in and then not see a race? GET IT.

nobody is picking on J&S , nobody is starting 'garbage' nobody is bashing.........people just want what was promised,,,maybe that's hard to understand for some people.

so two tuesdays from now people are not still getting on here and saying " well she said tuesday and still no check"........and then the 'some people' are not saying "hey quit bashing".......just pay the damn money.

thanX- that is all i have to say on that for two tuesdays.

edit in: this can not be considered a hijack

You're right. Reb.

I agree that issues should be addressed, but this one has gone a little too far.

As far as hurting a track....

People that don't have a dog in the hunt seem to be racers and fans of predominantly one track.

I have decided to never again go to that track. In fact, given the choice of that track or Texana, I went to Texana last night.

(If I had read the forums befopre I left, I could have saved a trip and gone to the Mission game...)

I know I'm just one person, and just a fan, but it is one more fan than any track can afford to lose...

Rosie

Crazy, there's no disagreement here.....all the info(as camo called it) has been presented...fine, I have NO PROBLEM with that at all.

It's the constant on and on, and on, and on.... that has gone far beyond the point of being beneficial to anyone. What purpose does it now serve? Everyone knows. Why does it have to be brought up innearly every post?

In fact, given the choice of that track or Texana, I went to Texana last night.

Camo there's another reason why it does other tracks no good.

All I see it doing right now is using up bandwidth-----and I don't have freaking clue what that even is! LMAO :lol:

Shane does have a point...when Nick ended the other thread it looked like things would quiet down. This forum has been really good for everyone. I'd like it to stay that way. The last thing most or maybe all of us would want is to have it shut down. I would also (while I'm posting) like to thank Mr Nick Holt for the fine job he has done as a moderator.

Mickey, if it were only that simple........there were two new posts just today, plus the countless others that Nick has pulled off before 99% of people even knew they were there. Then there's all the sniping in I-37, STS posts and God knows where else. So it really hasn't died down....but hey now y'all have somebody else to kick around for a while to take your mind off it. LMAO

no Astro's,but did get home in time to see the last of the Little League World Series Champioship Game,a Georgia team won it again,this time on a walk off home run in the bottom of the last inning.That kid will be on cloud 9 for a long time.Some great sportsmanship after the game by both teams.

Jay, I understand what ur tryin to say/do and we all know how much time Nick puts into this site... But by starting this thread look how many posts youve gotten so far and its basically about the same B/S... We all know where you stand on the issue and we know where most everyone else stands as well... So, if you, me and the majority stop posting about this crap then it will slow down alot. And you know as well as everyone else theirs still gonna be some that keep saying things, thats the way its always been....

Jay, I understand what ur tryin to say/do and we all know how much time Nick puts into this site... But by starting this thread look how many posts youve gotten so far and its basically about the same B/S... We all know where you stand on the issue and we know where most everyone else stands as well... So, if you, me and the majority stop posting about this crap then it will slow down alot. And you know as well as everyone else theirs still gonna be some that keep saying things, thats the way its always been....

so did you see the astro's game ..

no Astro's,but did get home in time to see the last of the Little League World Series Champioship Game,a Georgia team won it again,this time on a walk off home run in the bottom of the last inning.That kid will be on cloud 9 for a long time.Some great sportsmanship after the game by both teams.
THAT WAS SOMETHING WASNT IT ...SEE THE LOOK ON THAT YOUNG MANS FACE WHEN HE REALIZED WHAT HE HAD JUST DONE ..LOOKED LIKE HE DIDNT WANT TO RUN THE BASES .HIS KNEE'S DIDNT WANT TO RUN .. ITS A SHAIME SOMEONE HAS TO LOSE . I WAS TRYING TO TAKE A SNOOZE BUT THAT KEPT ME AWAKE ..IT WAS WORTH IT ..I KNOW NICK THIS ISNT ABOULT RACEN ..JUST SOMETHING POSS...

its about time the rangers gave us something to cheer about this season.

as far as the little league world series, i got a good laugh the other day. i was watching the saudi arabia and canada game, and all of the kids on the saudi arabian team were little white kids with white names. it took me by surprise. not to profiling (hell if i am, i am) but i was figuring to hear more middle eastern names. oh well it was good for a chuckle.

as far as the bashing, talking trash about someone is uncalled for. it may have been an honest mistake, people make mistakes they are only human. i doubt anyone is faulting them for not being perfect. but to tell people the checks were mailed and then to change the story to we will give them out next week, then you dont race that week. then some checks that were mailed bounced, it is all just a big mess. im sure it will get straightened out, and if not then out of town cars will probably think twice before pulling down. to ask questions and state the truth about it all isnt bashing, it is voicing concern. you cant expect for people to be wronged and then sweep it under the rug, then it would not be a learning experience. but you do have a point about it popping up on every post, that part does get old, but then again all i usually do it click out of the post and move on. jmo

The problem is people on this site take other comments as bashing when I believe they are not. If you go to a car dealership and they buy your car from you and they don't send you a check are you going to tell people about it or you going to keep it quiet and let others do the same. All these people are doing is telling us whats going on in CC when some of us may not know. I certainly don't want to go if they aren't paying. And for the record I am not from CC I am in SA and went to that race in Corpus on the 4th. We weren't even recognized on the results, we were sent to the infield prior to the race and didn't even get the chance to fix our car and didn't even get a $30 sponsored gas card. I didn't complain. If something is going on that track then it needs to be stated and let others know. J&S needs to come out and state what is going on at the track, it is not private if they want more racers to come. And if she doesn't want it to be on TXSZ then she needs to call every single driver and expain it to them. Thats what the forums are for letting people know whats going on. It is a heck of a lot easier then calling a hundred people I think. My two cents and mine alone. Not a bash and is not intended to sound like a bash. MY TWO CENTS.

Folks,

I have not taken down any of the facts. I have not stopped any of the discussions about the issues. Period. Just take a look at the posts over the past month or two. I have taken down a bunch of bashes, though.

And in spite of what J. M. Hallas said, I have not threatened to ban anyone or remove anyone's posting priviledges in spite of the same few people who insist on bashing. Those were Jay's thoughts, not mine.

BUT.. and this is IMPORTANT but... You cannot get on here and bash people. Period. Not on my shift anyway. I will take bashes down. And if the bashes don't stop, I will close threads down. And if that doesn't work, I will put you on the Moderator Control list - which means a moderator gets to approve or edit your post before it makes it to the forum areas.

Now, you can call me Hitler and anti-American. Or communist or facist. You can threaten to rape my 17 year old daughter (You will be caught you *(&%(&*$ pervert. I have been in discussions with law enforcement folks about this one and they are getting close. If I were you I'd move out of the country and soon...) You can send me all the nasty, hate-filled emails you like. You can even threaten to beat the crap out of me the next time "I dare set foot on 'your' track. (I may be collecting Social Security, but I bet you're going to have a hard time beating the crap outta me without knowing you've been in a brawl -- I'm a fiesty old fart.) And you can even threaten to run me over with your race car (you know who you are, but did you know that threatening to kill someone with your race car is a felony?) Or worse.

But -- and there's that but again -- I am not going to allow this place to become someone's personal bash site. Get my butt fired if you like. As a matter of fact, do me the favor, PLEASE!!!

End of my side of this discussion.

Fire away.

Nick

Archived