James Cole gets TV time on Versus Channel

rebelracewriter

Caught one of those Lucus Oil racing programs on VS. Channel Sat. afternoon. It' was from California with pavement mods. At one point one of the cars got punted, and they said it was James Cole.......I thought, NO WAY, can't be. Then I thought about their friends that would come to race here in Texas(who name escapes me) Sure enough they interviewed him in the pits and was our same James, with his Screen Pro hat.

Tough luck James, looked like you had a decent run going getting punted from 7th. :(

Reb, was that the race on that Q-mile flat track, Orange Show Speedway or something like that? I think Txtom mentioned that track a couple of days ago in the history section....... a converted football stadium.

What a shame it is that so many of our local racers have to go elsewhere to race.

Caught one of those Lucus Oil racing programs on VS. Channel Sat. afternoon. It' was from California with pavement mods. At one point one of the cars got punted, and they said it was James Cole.......I thought, NO WAY, can't be. Then I thought about their friends that would come to race here in Texas(who name escapes me) Sure enough they interviewed him in the pits and was our same James, with his Screen Pro hat.

Tough luck James, looked like you had a decent run going getting punted from 7th. :(

ithink the driver that came here was his uncle.

ithink the driver that came here was his uncle.

Jim Senior's brother used to bring the #11 once in a while. Was a regular at El Cajon, along with his son Allen, who passed away (boating accident) a few years ago.

James has raced several times on the west coast; he may still have some family out there, as they were all originally from that area.

Brad, I found it by luck.......I was watching a dirt Late Model race from LaSalle, Illinois and it came on afterwords. I was just getting ready to go channel surfing when they showed "What's up next."

Yep it was Orange Show Raceway(San Bernadino I think) Flat as they come. It was an ASA Modified Series race. Reminded me of Blue Island Speedway in Chicago, but BIS was even shorter than a 1/4!!! Talk about your local bull ring!!!!

I've seen a couple of those westcoast ASA mod races on VS. Its really hard to find out when they're gonna be on. Once I found it listed as a dirt latemodel race. That one was from Quartzite AZ. Another one from Orange show was listed as off road trucks.

Archived