Fan Advisory Board

poorboy

What has the Fan Advisory Board come up with with to help CC Speedway. I read that Shelma created this board with 7 fans and that they meet weekly. I was just curious what they have come up with in the last 4 weeks. I'm sure that every racer would like to hear what they have to say.

there ain't no way that's oldtimer!

who ever that is i'm calling the law ,,,,,,untie the old man and leave the house.

Bruce,

Taking this a serious question the board has not had a meeting since the management change at CCS....its hard to get everybody together at once. There have been a couple meetings and things were discussed from fans point of view. I think Shelma explained the intent of the board in the interview, but I don't remember what all was said. The purpose is to provide suggestions or opinions as seen from the grand stands to help the show. Not sure if that answers your question, but thats kinda the deal.

On edit...after rereading I see the weekly part you were talking about...things have been very hectic lately and there hasn't been time to meet as often, but the board is not just some made-up thing it does exist.

. I figured the fans opinion from one racetrack were relevant for all race tracks

I understand what you are saying...I am on the board, and I'm speaking for myself, some issues are discussed in private or at the meetings. In my opinion, this is really not the place to do it, not trying to be mean...maybe other fans that interact on here will offer some opinions.

No secrets here, the members of the Fan Advisory Board are and have been listed on the J&S website for quite some time, if you look for them. TXSZ members need to understand however, the board was created by and for J&SRP. We are not at liberty to come on here and discuss board matters.

Any recommendations or other actions by the board would appear on here only if J&SRP chooses to post them. Your understanding in these matters is genuinely appreciated. :)

I belong to a similar board. We plan to talk about everything thats good and bad at all the race tracks. We drink beer and play cards. We will even watch a game or two.

The board is the procrastainators board. We have not met yet but maybee one day. But really all that matters is that their is this board and it exists...J/k

I belong to a similar board. We plan to talk about everything thats good and bad .... We drink beer and play cards. We will even watch a game or two......

The board is the procrastainators board. We have not met yet but maybee one day. But really all that matters is that their is this board and it exists...J/k

Oh well enough said than if this board was put together by J & S RP.I'm sure there are no local people on this board,I bet its all out of towners as board members.Bad move. JMO

Oh well enough said than if this board was put together by J & S RP.I'm sure there are no local people on this board,I bet its all out of towners as board members.Bad move. JMO

My understanding is that the fan advisory board was set up to assist in the planning process for the proposed San Antonio area motorsports complex that Shelma and James are planning to build. Although I am not a member, I understand that at least one meeting was held to kick around ideas from the fans' point of view.

I really has nothing to do with their CC Speedway venture according to what I was told by Dano who is on the board.

Nick

Oh ok Nick thanks for clearing that up for us.Thought that would be strange to have a fan advisory staff with people who are not or have not been Corpus Christi Speedway Fans.

Robin Kemp

Ex-Corpus Christi Speedway Pit Lady

Archived