Bristol

Brad

I don't know if anyone said it all ready but damn they did a hell of a job on that track. Cars running top and bottom passing high and low! The old surface was a boring follow the leader bump to pass race...atleast now they can do some racing.

JMO

it's time for instant replay...ky. bush got pooped on.

cool race though,,lots of different lines.

Well everybody makes mistakes...even NASCAR.

The only thing I thought was bad was the commentators. Nothing against them but the Fox guys are so much more entertaining and into the race. TNT and ESPN commentators have been about as boring as some of the races. <_<

How about missing the last few laps there? Darn technical difficulties!

How about those last 2 laps, way to go ESPN!!! I don't like there coverage, and that jost topped it off, go to commercial with 2 laps to go. Yeah, technical dificulties, that's no excuse. It was a good race, didn't get to see all of it, but the track looks like it was fun to race on.

On the HD channel there was no commercial? The different lines were great, but I am sorry, this is NOT Bristol that I know and love. I know drivers probably hate this, but as a fan, I miss the BEATING the cars take and the heated battles. Have not seen that yet in the COT car there.

dont miss the beating and banging, even though it was what made bristol, bristol. would have liked to see more passing between the leaders. looked like all of the passing was in the back of the pack. looks like with the cot, the only time you will see a pass for the lead is when the leader has problems, either mechanical, pit stop or lap traffic. im sure talladega is going to be a snozer in october.

forgot to say that fridays race was great. i wish they can translate that racing over to saturday. i mean didnt the busch cars run the same tires as cup. so it maybe wasnt the tires. they ran the same track and made a race out of it. so it cant be the track. i guess it was either the cot or the chase. those seem to be the only differences between friday and saturdays race. i sure hope they fix whatever the problem is because bristol was the only race worth watching before saturday.

...as a fan, I miss the BEATING the cars take and the heated battles...

I remember watching one of the Bristol races back when Davey Allison first came in with the black & white paint scheme on his #28 - at the end of the night, that T-Bird looked like a Camaro! :lol:

I was fortunate enough to spend the week in Bristol and attend the races. I have to say, after the show the trucks and BGN series put on the Cup race was a bit of a let down. To me, it reminded me of a miniature Dover.

Maybe it was just a bummer of a race - I mean, under the old configuration there were some great races and some snoozers too. But there was always a lot of bumping and banging and tempers flaring - the "show" wasn't there this time around.

I think we need to give it more of a chance. Another thing is that with the cars running side by side more the cars don't get as strung out and the leaders don't catch lapped traffic as quickly. The best racing up front happened in lapped traffic...but there was good racing going on through the back of the field.

I've attended races at Atlanta (new and old), California, Dover, Talladega, Daytona and Pocono - I've seen much worse races (except Talladega and Daytona) at those places than I did on Saturday night.

On the HD channel there was no commercial? The different lines were great, but I am sorry, this is NOT Bristol that I know and love. I know drivers probably hate this, but as a fan, I miss the BEATING the cars take and the heated battles. Have not seen that yet in the COT car there.

I agree, hate to see good cars get beat down, but that was what bristol is for, I hate the cot I'd rather watch the busch series and now my bristol is gone it's a sad day!

As they always say, everyone has a right to their opinion, and this is mine. I loved the new Bristol! There are 3 grooves to race in, and I truly believe that the races will be better in the future.I foresee alot of side by side finishes down the road! I also think that the COT will make for better racing. The whole problem with NASCAR is over the last few decades, the cars became more and more aerodynamic which in turn, hurt the racing. The racing was the best when the car were big and boxy and cut a big hole in the air.With the new cars, there was always the aero push problem, and this will virtually go away with the COT. So far, every COT race that I've seen has been good. The race at Bristol lacked drama, but it did show the potential that the place has now. I truly feel like the COT will have much better races than the current car when they hit the bigger tracks. As everyone knows, the Truck series usually has the best races, and the COT is very similar to the trucks. I believe that once the COT becomes the norm that most people will like it. I know there are some that say that the cars should match the body off of the show room, but in todays car world, that just isn't possible. If you think that the chevy's are winnijng everything now, just imagine if it was running against the Fords, Dodges and Toyotas off of the show room floor! the Chevy is really the only car that looks like a race car! JMO

Archived