Statement from Shelma

Txenergy

I'm letting everyone know at one time, and one time only on here, because everyone wants to dig this deep whole of a subject. WE intend on paying everyone their money, Yes we have a bookkeeping error, problem whatever you want to call it... I don't want to keep your money from anyone of you .... you drove for us and you deserve to be paid.... We learned from this incident... but this forum is not the place for all this garbage... We have everyones numbers and address ,,,, I'm having some medical procedures done this weekend... that is why we are closed this weekend.. .. We learned and still learning. You will recieve the well deserved money you earned... This has been no picnic for us either....Yes we had problems at the investment company we were at...We are still having problems.. WE are not posting anymore on this site for someone turns things around when you do... Rick, Nick or Debbie will only post events.... I do apologize once again.... for the long wait.....Please call us for questions,, and leave the garbage off here.. This site only hurts the business world of racing...

Please call us for questions,, and leave the garbage off here.. This site only hurts the business world of racing...

Ms. Walton, nobody would be posting "the garbage" on this site if "the garbage" had not occured. It doesn't make much sense to blame this site for something that your accountant or investment company created...and please don't forget that you have told us personally on multiple occasions that the checks "have been mailed." At what point is it permissible to complain in public about this situation?

In the future, you might want to avoid making a statement to your racers until it's gospel. All it does is create a situation where people feel like they have been lied to, repeatedly.

I wish you the best in your upcoming medical procedure.

Garbage? Hurting the racing world? Your kidding right? Reading your post you seem to be more pissed off then the drivers that have been taken. Why would any driver ever consider racing at a track your involved in regardless if you have the money in the future or not. The very reason why racing is the way it currently is has alot to do with this type of stuff your pulling. Sorry but again as a business women you got alot of bs to clean up. Why havent you called each and every driver and talked to them personally giving them your attention and assurance it will be taken care of. That obviously hasnt happened.

this site can hurt you and can help you ..blameing this site isnt the answer .and us gripping isnt the answer either .. but we are human .and have to vent .it dont matter if this site wasnt around ..word of mouth is worst .. storys get bigger as they are being told ..atliest some can make a judgement based on this site ..yes it may be bad at this time for cc on here ..but down the road it can be a blessing ..cc got drivers to come down useing this site ...wow ..did i make any sence ... im sure someone will let me know ..maybe what im trying to say is dont blame speedzone .

Enough with the bashing already. I think everyone should have their say, but bashing isn't helping anything or anybody. The lady has apologized twice, three times if you include the above statement. And I did hear that several of the drivers have received calls from J & S regarding this situation.

Shelma has given out her phone number and has inivited anyone with concerns to give her a call, so let's stop the bashing and give her a call and tell her what's on your mind.

Thanks.

Nick

I'd be willing to bet that Shelma did NOT intend to bash or blame this site in her statement. If you read her statement carefully, I think you will agree that blaming this site would not be consistent with the other portions of her statement.

I think she meant to say that putting the complaints on this site was not helping the situation. Whether or not that is true may be debatable, but if you'll read it again, I think you can see what she meant.

i can see what you mean. after reading it again i would agree with you. the only thing is the last sentence. it sounds like she is saying that instead of bashing her and them, to maybe keep it private and send her a phone call. the last statement was a mixed feeling, but the rest of it seemed like she wanted to keep the negativity toward them to behind closed doors. understandable. jmo

I can guarantee you one thing, in my business, when I screw the pooch, we call the customer and try to explain what/how the mistake happened BEFORE it gets to this. I'm not sure if any of you guys got a call to tell you to expect a delay in your monies, from what I read, I'm guessing you didn't. Would a call to you guys have helped at least?

WE are not posting anymore on this site for someone turns things around when you do... Rick, Nick or Debbie will only post events....

Several people have asked me privately to openly state what my relationship is to CC Speedway and J & S Racing Promotions.

I am not employed by J & S Racing Promotion or Corpus Christi Speedway and never have been. Shelma asked me for advice on several different occasions earlier in the year and I gave her my honest opinion(s) regarding the topic at hand. I have received no money whatsoever from either CC Speedway or J & S Racing Promotions and have not invoiced either organization as well.

I was, as many of you have noted, at CC Speedway on the night of August 4th to help out my good friend Rick Day who asked if I could lend a hand on his "opening night." I have not asked for and have not received any compensation for performing this favor for a friend.

I do, however, post things for Shelma, just as I do for Owen, Mary Ann, the Bakers and many others. I'm sure that's what she meant when she included me in the list of people who would be posting events.

Thanks for reading.

Nick

OK, well. How about we talk about some of the good things that Shelma has done. Like hiring Rick Day. Or the wonderfull job she did with the Tribute to the Yocums. That was a very nice ceremony with all the drivers out on the track. I am sure that there are many other positive things that we can talk about.

And, I'm sure Shelma's gonna kill me for this, but the family illness she's been referring to is actually her own illness. She had non-elective surgery today in San Antonio.

Sorry, Shelma for letting the cat out of the bag, but I hope you get well soon.

Nick

Still, regardless of all the financial issues the track owners may have outside of a particular race night.. you have people paying gate fees... concessions, beer, food, etc... then you have pit fees...

Was there not enough cashflow those particular race nights to payout all the drivers right there and then? That is whole thing I don't understand... every other track I have been to pays out same night with cash that was taken in that night...

Still, regardless of all the financial issues the track owners may have outside of a particular race night.. you have people paying gate fees... concessions, beer, food, etc... then you have pit fees...

Was there not enough cashflow those particular race nights to payout all the drivers right there and then? That is whole thing I don't understand... every other track I have been to pays out same night with cash that was taken in that night...

they pay at the gate now ..so they tried something and it did not work ..thats what happens when to many poeple control the pay .. this isnt the first time a local track used checks and had problems ..better off paying that night ... .....ill be glad when everyone gets thier money so this will be over with .... and maybe the healing can begin ..

Archived