Let's Race, August 25th

TRP

Ta Ta ....Looks like rain........again! I think the equator has moved north just a little. Whats the word thunderbird, is it a wash out or what?

Rain unloaded on the track. Sad to say we have to call it for tonight. Rained out. Can't get a break lately.

Sorry Rosie bout the rain-out. It was a very strange day with the cells of storms. Give us a try again on Sept. 1st. We've got a good night lined up, with a Reverse Race, Blindfold Race and Demo Derby. First two events at intermission each for points. Demo Derby at end of night for more points. Highest overall points combo wins and we'll be paying the top 5. More info. to be published on this forum, other forums and the Texana website.

The rain-out was a tough call. We were holding out some hope til the second wave hit. By days end the track had over 2 1/2 inches of rain. 20 miles away, nothing. We have some dedicated racers that haul from a good distance away, so we were trying to get the word out as best we could early and really hated calling this one. The track was groomed perfect and would have been awesome. We'll give 'er another run at it on the 1st.

I'll be in Abilene over Labor Day weekend, but i will be back to Texana. Got special Motorcycle parking?

Rosie

Not specifically signed, but yes they park away from the cars. Bring the group and give us a heads up on which weekend and a bike count, and we'll make sure to have an area saved.

Archived