C.C.SPEEDWAY,INC.

I agree with you Nick, if they really have a problem, instead of posting on this forum and starting all this chaos. You all need to contact the owners directly and ask them.

the previous owner started this thread?

At least there still is asphalt racing in South Texas. Wish we could say the same for North Texas.

No joke. To my knowledge there are three weekly asphalt tracks left in Texas, CC Speedway, HMP, and Thunder Hill. Wichita Falls and San Antonio shut down for whatever reason this season. SAS was always one of my favorite tracks to go to for as long as I can remember and I prefer asphalt to dirt from a fan's perspective and I live in Corpus Christi, and that's no disrespect to Owen or anyone at STS, I love what they're doing out there and go there frequently. I just grew up at CC and SAS and it's ingrained in my memory of the racing I've witnessed at those two tracks over 25 years. I hope CC can stay alive, but they're struggling and right now, STS has the better product. A track won't survive without car count and right now there are more drivers at STS running dirt than asphalt, so they are better races most of the time. Not to mention there is a pretty big discrepancy of speed at CC with the same FEW drivers winning every night whereas almost anyone can win at STS and there is racing all over the track. Again, I hope that CC can become successful and get some more drivers and of course in a perfect world it'll be great to have both tracks running and running well. We would be lucky to have the option of going to a dirt track or an asphault track and not worry about missing out on some entertainment at either track or walk away at the end of the night saying, "we should have gone to the other track". Best of luck to CC and the new owners/management and continued success to Owen and the rest of the STS guys, we'll probably be there later tonight since CC cancelled. By the way, hope Rick is enjoying his sister's wedding and family should come first no matter what, and hope that Shelma recovers fully and quickly and I hope to make it out to CC again soon.

Archived